Close

Default No neutral safety switch in my 83?

So finally getting around to finishing up my SROD to TKX swap in my 83 and I can't seem to find a Neutral safety switch?? Did these 83 302 SROD 4 speed cars come with a NSS?
    Got out my FSM and Factory wiring diagrams and it only shows NSS for Automatic cars? Wiring shows a by pass direct wire for manual cars....

I built an '83 hatch that came from the factory with the SROD and I don't recall there being a nss.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    83 5.0 GT. Quicker than it looks! 10:1 (or just over) 306, Motorsport a332 cam, 140A alt, t5 conv, 8.8 w/ 3.27's, Edel rpm, alum rad, very worked e7's, Holley SA carb, etc... SOLD IT!!!!

Now an 1981 Granada! .040 over 302, Edel E-street heads... Currently building a 347 because, why not?

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

The 1981 Mustang w/ SROD that I had in the mid-80's did not have this feature. I am unsure of which year it first appeared but it had to have been early 1980's.

I contacted my sister, who bought this car in 84/85, and asked her... She said she cannot remember but seems as if the car would start in gear... She put the car in storage after it stopped running in the mid to late 90's so its been a few minutes and a couple of cars for her too......
    Sure seems as if all cars required this or where the clutch had to be depressed by this " era " of car, but maybe not.... I cannot find anything pertaining to this car having either a neutral safety switch or a " clutch must be depressed" switch....
    Thanks for all the responses.....

Ford started using a switch on the clutch pedal sometime in 84.
    My 84 Capri had one. Before that the only switch on a standard was to turn the backup lights on.
    Ray
    86 Mustang LX 3.8 Convertible (bought new}
    65 Galaxie 500 XL 390 auto
    2A