Close

Default Does anyone care about these parts?

I still have the original front brakes and spindles from my '85 GT. I think I also have the original quad shocks and axle damper. Does anyone really care about these things? I've saved them for years, because that's what I do. But I'm never going to put 4 lug, 10 inch brakes back on my car. I know I could post an ad and see if they sell, but this is more of a philosophical question. Can I stop wasting space, storing every single part that comes off one of my project cars?

I checked the classifieds, but didn't really find anything. So either no one cares, or they are rare as hens teeth because no one cared and threw them all away. I believe these are the factory installed rotors and calipers. It was a fairly low mileage car when I bought it. It was only 9 years old then.

If I remember right, these same brakes continued to '93 for 4 cyl cars. So it probably isn't that hard to find the spindles, is it? That may answer my question right there. Seems like drag racers used to prefer the 4 cyl brakes.

Any idea on how many miles were on the brakes and quad shocks when they were removed?
    1985 Mustang GT (Mothballed...Desired restomod parts acquired...Top of my project list for my 2024 retirement!)

It was under 100k. I'm guessing maybe 60-70k. One of the first things I did was swap on some newer spindles for the 11" brakes and went to bigger piston calipers. I did an axle swap 2 years into owing it and that's when the quad shocks came off. Those two things were probably done about the same time and mileage.

I'll take the silence to mean no one really cares about this stuff. I kinda figured that. I may try to get rid of them locally. If no one wants them, they can go on the scrap pile.

No selling or buying outside of the classifieds. Please go there. Thanks.

I understand. That's why I didn't offer to sell anything. I asked a question and got the answer I was looking for. If someone had said that they were good parts and people are looking for them, I may have put an ad in for them. Right now, I don't really have time for that and was hoping someone would just say they were easy to come by and I could toss them.

B-man, there's probably a fool out there somewhere willing to buy something like that!

That being said, FoxChassis's reply in is regard to a post I made. My bad. If you're interested in dealing with selling any of those parts, posting up in the classifieds may be worth your effort.... if not, understood.
    1985 Mustang GT (Mothballed...Desired restomod parts acquired...Top of my project list for my 2024 retirement!)