Close

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

1986 Mustang GT - 2A, 5 Sp
    2018 Subaru WRX (Daily)

Reinstalled alternator. 1g, large case side terminal 70a.
    Autozone checked it off car tested good 2x. Have the printout.
    Machine does three checks. Diodes, regulator, rectifier. They let me watch.
    They must have 100 test pigtails. Was watching. Machine id' alt correctly as a 7072.
    Going to bring them the spare alt to see how that one tests.

Now on to checking the field wire ohms from alt to regulator and the regulator itself.
    Battery negative cable is disconnected of course. Have EVTM and Ford shop manual Electrical vol.
    Harness was repaired in the 80's, so have to go over splice integrity.
    Alt is getting battery voltage so that wire is ok. The only other wire is field.
    Car starts and runs fine so the other wires are doing their job.
    Battery is low 12's but has been that way for a while.
    All grounds are fine.

Made a dyno appointment for Thursday morning. Made a few small changes over the last year and cleaned up the tune. Anything over 280rwhp/320rwtq SAE I'll be happy. Optimistically hoping to see 285/325. This will be as good as it ever gets with my combo; stock untouched, never been pulled 'P' heads and stock HO cam.
    Jeremiah

1986 Mustang GT 5spd, 3.27's
    PimpXS ECU/Android Single DIN Touchscreen
    SN95 Cobra Brakes/SN95 Front LCA's/Axles/S197 Wheels
    1998 Explorer Engine/Stock HO Cam 281rwhp/326rwtq

Car made 281/326 SAE at the wheels today. 170K mile Explorer Motor
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Two86fiveoh's; 09-07-2023 at 04:25 PM.
    Jeremiah

The red line was last years best pull.
    Jeremiah

FEP Super Member Bryan Knebworth's Avatar

Threatened Facebook Friends that I was going to take my 'Stang to "KARS FOR KEDDS" if it doesn't sell. Think that comment raised some fur, lol oh no, dander...
    Last edited by Bryan Knebworth; 09-09-2023 at 09:51 AM. Reason: The weekend!

Solved the alternator not charging issue.
    Details in electrical section.
    http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...38#post1954438

Yesterday -

Did a Cars for Coffee event here a few blocks from home. Cool venue. This was a pretty limited size event and you needed to submit and application and be selected to attend. Mostly high end euro/exotic cars with a few classics and muscle sprinkled in. Super fun.

I did notice that my rear end has a very very small seep at the bottom again when I checked it. Kinda bummed out that since I just replaced the fluid and used a new Lube Locker gasket. It's not bad, but a little irritating since it was dry as a bone up until this point. I think what I'm going to do is just live it with until spring and replace the differential cover with an aftermarket one with the drain and fill plugs on the back this time for easier access and use just a little bit of RTV along with the gasket for a little bit better seal.

Car is running great otherwise.
    Last edited by ITdude87; 09-10-2023 at 11:05 AM.
    2018 Subaru WRX (Daily)

Quote Originally Posted by ITdude87 View Post
    Yesterday -

Did a Cars for Coffee event here a few blocks from home. Cool venue. This was a pretty limited size event and you needed to submit and application and be selected to attend. Mostly high end euro/exotic cars with a few classics and muscle sprinkled in. Super fun.

I did notice that my rear end has a very very small seep at the bottom again when I checked it. Kinda bummed out that since I just replaced the fluid and used a new Lube Locker gasket. It's not bad, but a little irritating since it was dry as a bone up until this point. I think what I'm going to do is just live it with until spring and replace the differential cover with an aftermarket one with the drain and fill plugs on the back this time for easier access and use just a little bit of RTV along with the gasket for a little bit better seal.

Car is running great otherwise.
    That's a bummer, i have had zero problems with my lube locker gasket.
    79 Zephyr, 4.6L 4v/4r70w swap, with team z front and rear suspension, 8.8 and upgraded brakes and coil overs. Running Holley Terminator X Max.

Our Cars and Coffee is anything goes, anyone invited, new, old, domestic, import.
    But, it's a small town.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    83 5.0 GT. Quicker than it looks! 10:1 (or just over) 306, Motorsport a332 cam, 140A alt, t5 conv, 8.8 w/ 3.27's, Edel rpm, alum rad, very worked e7's, Holley SA carb, etc... SOLD IT!!!!

Now an 1981 Granada! .040 over 302, Edel E-street heads... Currently building a 347 because, why not?

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

Quote Originally Posted by richpet View Post
    Our Cars and Coffee is anything goes, anyone invited, new, old, domestic, import.
    But, it's a small town.
    Ours used to be that way, but more recently they've been cordoning off sections for "exotics".

I guess they didn't like being mixed in with the pleebs.

I'll stick with the ones who turn wrenches. Thank you very much.
    83 TC "Clone"
    85 Marquis LTS
    86 LTD Wagon

There's a few different ones around. The one I normally go to is just an empty lot and anyone can come and go as they please, which is a lot more fun and casual. This one was a little bit more of an 'event' and they advertised for the public to come by and take a look since it was smack dab downtown with limited space with a whole bunch of rules. It was cool to be "picked" and parked right next to a McLaren, R8, GT3 RS, etc....
    2018 Subaru WRX (Daily)

Quote Originally Posted by massacre View Post
    That's a bummer, i have had zero problems with my lube locker gasket.
    It's not terrible, just a little bit of oil around the bottom seam with a drop or two on the floor. I should have replaced it with a nicer/more convenient one while I was in there doing the fluid in the first place. That stock one is a real messy PITA. I just HAD to keep it original.

I torqued everything to spec but I might give the bottom couple bolts a 1/4 turn extra to see if that helps in the meantime.
    Last edited by ITdude87; 09-11-2023 at 10:20 AM.
    2018 Subaru WRX (Daily)

Quote Originally Posted by ITdude87 View Post
    There's a few different ones around. The one I normally go to is just an empty lot and anyone can come and go as they please, which is a lot more fun and casual. This one was a little bit more of an 'event' and they advertised for the public to come by and take a look since it was smack dab downtown with limited space with a whole bunch of rules. It was cool to be "picked" and parked right next to a McLaren, R8, GT3 RS, etc....
    We have a little cruise-in we hit up on Friday nights that is very casual. We've rolled out with the LTS, the Tbird, or her Beetle. Have come across some real cool rides there.
    The C&C events here used to be just as casual, just a lot larger crowd.
    83 TC "Clone"
    85 Marquis LTS
    86 LTD Wagon

Default Changed shifter lever and knob style for a new look and feel for the fall.

I like to change them every now and then.
    The one reversable easy mod that can make the car drive differently good or bad.

Aftermarket to stock '85? SVO assy. Like new condition. Forgot i had it.
    The Hurst chrome lever has the looks, but the leather knob has a different thread.
    So bolted on the stock SVO black shifter assy to the shift tower stub.
    Same long bolts. Longer bolts allow adding flange nuts to lock shift lever down good.
    Overall result is a stick and knob about the same height as before.
    Gates are about an inch more forward reach.
    Padded feel and grip, rubber isolator is making shifting more comfortable.
    The Hurst combo had no padding or isolator feels more solid like a good old traditional 3 or 4 speed.
    Fun to shift but harder on hand, palm, shoulder, and arm after a day of stop and go traffic.

More shifting this year. Freeway road construction detours cause more traffic and traffic light rowing.
    Why leave a real well designed and special Ford OE padded knob on the shelf?

Default Changed shifter lever and knob style for a new look and feel for the fall.

Changed shifter lever and knob style for a new look and feel for the fall.
    Last edited by gr79; 11-15-2023 at 02:27 PM. Reason: mod to multiple posts

Aftermarket to stock '85-86 SVO assy. Like new condition. Forgot i had it.
    Bolted on the stock SVO black shifter lever with padded knob to the shift tower stub.
    Same long lever mounting bolts. Longer bolts allow adding flange nuts to lock shift lever down good.
    Overall result is a stick and knob combo about the same height as before.
    Gates are about an inch more forward reach due to different lever bend.
    Last edited by gr79; 11-15-2023 at 02:33 PM. Reason: modded split content of multiple posts

More shifting this year. Freeway road construction detours cause more traffic and traffic light rowing.

A Hurst chrome lever has the looks, but the SVO leather knob thread is not 3/8-16.

The Hurst combo with round knob has no padding or isolator.
    Feels rock solid like a good old traditional 3 or 4 speed external linkage of old.
    More racy feel. Fun to shift but harder on hand, palm, shoulder, and arm after a day of stop and go traffic.

Why leave a real well designed and special rare like new Ford OE SVO padded knob on the shelf?
    Last edited by gr79; 11-15-2023 at 02:42 PM. Reason: multiple post edit

Quote Originally Posted by gr79 View Post

Aftermarket to stock '85? SVO assy. Like new condition. Forgot i had it.
    The Hurst chrome lever has the looks, but the leather knob has a different thread.
    So bolted on the stock SVO black shifter assy to the shift tower stub.
    Same long bolts. Longer bolts allow adding flange nuts to lock shift lever down good.
    Overall result is a stick and knob about the same height as before.
    Gates are about an inch more forward reach.
    The Hurst combo had no padding or isolator feels more solid like a good old traditional 3 or 4 speed.
    Fun to shift but harder on hand, palm, shoulder, and arm after a day of stop and go traffic.

Why leave a real well designed and special Ford OE padded knob on the shelf?
    Gr79 I think you were super excited today...
    Lol

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    83 5.0 GT. Quicker than it looks! 10:1 (or just over) 306, Motorsport a332 cam, 140A alt, t5 conv, 8.8 w/ 3.27's, Edel rpm, alum rad, very worked e7's, Holley SA carb, etc... SOLD IT!!!!

Now an 1981 Granada! .040 over 302, Edel E-street heads... Currently building a 347 because, why not?

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

Did a few things since the site went down last month.

Some fun (Ford Motorsport off-road H pipe installed) others not (Heater core sprung a leak!)

I'll post an update when I get a chance later this evening, but you can see some photos/videos via the Instagram account in my signature below
    Last edited by ITdude87; 10-23-2023 at 03:40 PM.
    2018 Subaru WRX (Daily)

Nice to see you back here!
    Had ~
    '81 Mustang Ghia Hatchback, red, 4-cylinder, 5-speed, slow, but looked great!

Have ~
    '83 Mustang GT Hatchback, white with black, stock 5.0, 5-speed, T-tops, dual exhaust

Washed the no-option '83.

Let's see to it this "Yep, This Site Is Broke" NEVER happens again, that was preposterous!! Also, we should make it a 123-style Encryption. (http to https).
    Last edited by Bryan Knebworth; 10-27-2023 at 06:27 AM. Reason: Celtics win tonight

I've been playing musical driveshafts. I've been through my parts stash and I'm on my 3rd driveshaft and 2 sets of u-joints. I'm going to have to bite the bullet and take a couple of these to the local driveline shop. Problem is that the local driveline shop is about an hour and a half away from the office, and only open till 5 mon-fri. I have plenty of vacation time, but I also have a lot going on and it's hard to take the time. It's definitely a driveshaft vibration, though.
    79 Pace Car - 331, t5
    79 Pace Car- 302, 4 spd
    79 Cobra - working on 351w, t5
    82 Capri- working on 302, t5
    82gt - working on 408w, c4

I might be talking in the wind here but somebody should install a 128-bit Encryption on FourEyedPride to ensure it will never crash again. That was a long month!! We want to keep it nice & safe for future generations. ITdude87, you up for the task?

I don't think SSL was to blame though it would be nice to have. It was something on the server/database side. Just a strong hunch.

They haven't even re-directed the old URL to the new one, so who knows how many members are still in the dark and don't know it's back up with the whole php vs index thing. This is a super easy fix but I'm just talking in the wind too.

If I hadn't decided to join Facebook to get on the FEP group there (woof), I would still be trying to access the forum with the link/URL I had been using for years, which still doesn't work, and I wouldn't have any idea.

JUST SAYING.
    2018 Subaru WRX (Daily)

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast