Close

Threaded View

Final winter update (?)

- Installed the Ford Motorsport spark plug looms I picked up from eBay
    - Installed a "Ford Motorsport" radiator cap (picked up from FEP member "ESCOGT" via Instagram - Thanks Mike!)
    - Installed the Ford Motorsport quarter window decals. I removed the Ford logo/oval portion and just left the "Motorsport" portion of the graphics.
    https://www.saleenperformance.com/pr...saleen-mustang
    - Installed my new Motorcraft BXT56A battery

She's looking clean and proper under the hood.

ALSO - I started cold calling a few people looking for the original owner based on all the paperwork I have that came with the car. I pulled the needle out of the haystack and was able to find and get a hold of them! We had a solid 30-45 minute chat and was able to answer a few mysteries.....He did in fact install the 140mph speedo shortly after he purchased the car. He had the original speedo, but it was lost in a house fire many years ago. He was able to confirm with a verbal handshake that the car had less than ~200 miles when it was switched, so the mileage shown is accurate. He also installed the Koni shocks and struts, as well as (which was news to me) a Hurst shift-stop for improved feel. He actually still lives fairly close and we're going to try and link up for a beer this summer for some show+tell - We made each other's day. Super good dude, knowledgeable about everything, and was happy to hear the updates. I felt a little odd reaching out out-of-the-blue, but being a "car guy" he totally understood. He owns a shop still and I told him I'd bring it there should I ever need anything I didn't feel comfortable doing myself.

Spring is right around the corner now and I'm itching to get out of the road for the maiden cruise after all the work this winter. New window tint and a set of tires are on the list...Then I can finally say "it's done" for now.
    Last edited by ITdude87; 03-21-2023 at 10:22 AM.
    1986 Mustang GT - 2A, 5 Sp
    2018 Subaru WRX (Daily)