Close

Default Valve springs for GT40 heads & Summit "E" plus cam?

Summit suggests a somewhat pricey trick flow spring kit for use with their E303 plus cam which I am considering. Seems like overkill to me for what I am planning to do. I have an '88 low mileage roller 302 and a set of GT40 heads for my '83 Mustang to replace the aging flat tappet motor installed in it. I heard about bee hive springs etc. but was wondering if anyone had a suggested source for springs. This will be a street car daily driver, T5, 373's, fairly stock machine. The lift is .540/.550 and I'll use 1.6 rockers.

Alex’s Parts is who I used for my GT40 springs, then had a shop install them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1984 LTD LX, 160k mile Explorer 5.0, Comp XE264HR-14 cam, Alex’s Parts springs on stock GT40 3 bar heads, Unported Explorer intake, 1 5/8 shorty headers, off-road H-Pipe, Spintech 9000 mufflers, Holley Terminator X Max, J-Mod 4R70W, Mustang 8.8 w/ 3.73s, Tubular front and rear control arms, front coilovers, Turbocoupe rear coil springs

Thanks for the info! Just what I was looking for.

Lunati also sells an affordable spring for GT40 heads. Good for up to .570" lift
    https://www.lunatipower.com/73926k1-...t40-gt40p.html

I got these and had them installed by the shop that rebuilt my heads. Haven't installed them on the car yet.
    Last edited by gmatt; 12-16-2022 at 08:22 PM.

I used Alex's for my new springs on my " P " heads... worked great...

I think Alex kits are unavailble last time i checked, those are the ones i wanted as well. I wanted the stock cam ones.
    Mike

Now stang-less.

88 Cougar 5.0

I bought a set for my GT40P's from Alex's Parts a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by mcb82gt View Post
    I think Alex kits are unavailble last time i checked, those are the ones i wanted as well. I wanted the stock cam ones.
    I had to email them and they worked with me ordering and " turning on" the website order form when the items were in stock when I ordered springs and some other items... Their packaging is by far the best I have ever seen......

I've had that Trick Flow spring set on my '87 engine for almost 20 years now, no complaints with it.
    John
    2017 Convertible 6-Speed
    1984 GT 5.0 T-Roof
    1965 Coupe 4-Speed
    1964-1/2 Coupe C4-Auto
    MCA National Certified Judge 1964-1966 and 1979-1993