Close

Thread: O2 Location?

Default O2 Location?

Alright guys, so I managed to get my hands on some headers off Facebook Marketplace. They don't have a brand to them but are ceramic coated and very clean. Guy wanted $200 CAD so I had to scoop them up.

Anyways, my main question here is that the O2 sensor bung is in the primary on both of the headers, however, there is no hole for whatever reason so the bung goes into the side of the header. Should I drill it out? or should I take it to an exhaust shop and: A) have them clear out the area in the bung so I can use my 02s or should I B) have them weld a new bung in the collector instead of primary.

Also not sure if anyone can help with brand but the guy said that they just came off a project '85 he had sold for scrap so I'm not even sure if these are any good but I like the idea of long tubes.

Here are the pictures, mind you not the greatest: https://imgur.com/a/5PfEmiB

So interesting. The bung is up in a single cylinder? If so, yeah, cork it and get her down lower. Mine are down in the h pipe but I have shorties. I would definitely put yours in the collector.
    1984.5 G.T.350 5.0 CFI AOD Convertible (TRX package, loaded)
    K&N filter in a stock dual snorkel, GT40 heads, Edelbrock 3721 intake, MSD 8456 Dist., MSD 8227 coil
    Comp cams XE254H, hypereutectic pistons
    Hooker Super Comp Shorty Equal Length Headers, catted BBK H-pipe, full custom duals
    Maximum Motorsports caster/camber plates and strut tower brace, 3.73 rear, dura grip (both Yukon)
    Ford Performance Springs, Firehawk A/S 225/55r16 on LMR TRX r390 wheels (street)
    Federal 595 rs-rr 245/40r17 and 255/40r17 on OE cobra r wheels (race)
    AOD rebuilt with a 6 clutch direct drum, Koline steels stacked with 8 clutches, Kevlar band, superior shift kit, new torque converter. --Everything else stock and fully functional.

I use the plural since I have one in the driver's side for the CFI and another in the passenger side for the afr gauge when I want it
    K&N filter in a stock dual snorkel, GT40 heads, Edelbrock 3721 intake, MSD 8456 Dist., MSD 8227 coil
    Hooker Super Comp Shorty Equal Length Headers, catted BBK H-pipe, full custom duals
    Maximum Motorsports caster/camber plates and strut tower brace, 3.73 rear, dura grip (both Yukon)
    Ford Performance Springs, Firehawk A/S 225/55r16 on LMR TRX r390 wheels (street)
    AOD rebuilt with a 6 clutch direct drum, Koline steels stacked with 8 clutches, Kevlar band, superior shift kit, new torque converter. --Everything else stock and fully functional.

Decided I will keep in in the primary as apparently it helps keep the O2 warm so I'll stick with that and hope for best.

Any recommendations for things I need to do after installing long tubes?

The only concern about the primary is cylinder to cylinder variation can be quite high. If tuning becomes a problem you might want to move it later.

My thought exactly, but as of right now I'm going to be stock, maybe heads and a cam. Once I start seriously building the car I'll probably look into the high end ones but for the time being I think these should do alright, now I have to look at heat wraps and a mini starter.