Close

Default Possible Scammer?

We all know the deal- got a private message from a new member with 1 post, regarding a Wanted thread i had posted regarding pass side window glass for my Zephyr. Says he has my part and i should email him. I countered by asking for pictures sent to my email.
    The pic that was sent was not window glass, it was a mirror. And it wasn't even a passenger side mirror. Then like 10 pushy emails asking if I am "still going to buy this"? even though i never said i wanted to buy it.

Just letting others know, this seems to happen a lot on other forums that i am on.

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/member.p...omascleven8333
    79 Zephyr, 4.6L 4v/4r70w swap, with team z front and rear suspension, 8.8 and upgraded brakes and coil overs. Running Holley Terminator X Max.

FEP Senior Member

Yep, got the same PM about SVO springs I was looking for earlier. "Hey man...." Scam
    Bleed Ford Blue! '84 Grabber Orange SVO, '88 Saleen 1 of 4 w/Automatic, '89 Steeda, '71 DeTomaso Pantera GT5 Wide Body EFI 4.6 DOHC...soon to be a Gen3 Coyote and some Old Ford Muscle w/ BB power. 1.21 Jigawatts!!?? PETRO EXPRESS=CITGO=BOYCOTT!
    State of Illinois - Taxation without Representation!

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE'SVO86 View Post
    Yep, got the same PM about SVO springs I was looking for earlier. "Hey man...." Scam
    Ok good. I'm glad i wasn't the only one, didn't want to start anything
    79 Zephyr, 4.6L 4v/4r70w swap, with team z front and rear suspension, 8.8 and upgraded brakes and coil overs. Running Holley Terminator X Max.

100% phishing
    1986 Mustang GT - 2A, 5 Sp
    2018 Subaru WRX (Daily)

Many boards don't allow PM's until you have 20-25 posts. Used to think it was annoying, as those who are not on the board already, can't really contact you if they stumble on your for-sale ad. But these days with bots and/or AI, might be time to do that here also.
    86 Capri, 5.0, 5Spd, A9L QH/BE, 47 lb Inj PMAS 3" MAF, Single T44 Turbo, Front Mount IC, TW170,
    Stock Cam, Explr Intake/TB, 1.7 Rockers, CF dual friction clutch, 3" DP, 2.5" full Exh, 3.27, 11.932 @ 115.78
    84 LTD, 331-10:1, TW170/Exprl Intake, 47 lbs inj/80 mm LMAF, Full Duals, Quarterhorse, Vortech 7PSI, Lentech AOD, 5 lug Mk VII brakes/rear, Eibach Sway bars, Cobra HB (dads ride, but I fix it )

More than likely a bot.

It's a common thing I've run into on forums.
    83 TC "Clone"
    85 Marquis LTS
    86 LTD Wagon

Another one in my PM's

Username: Thomascleven8333

Ideally the admin(s) would implement some simple remediation tactics here as others have said....But they haven't even fixed the original URL yet so I wouldn't hold my breath with any sort of improvements. It's the wild unsecured west here.

Keep your eyes peeled and read between the lines folks.
    1986 Mustang GT - 2A, 5 Sp
    2018 Subaru WRX (Daily)