Close

Default 86 GT 5sp, Heads/Cam, 5900 miles on rebuilt engine, 372rwhp

See corral.net ad for pics since FEP won't allow me to upload them: https://www.corral.net/threads/86-mu...miles.2516811/

I also have a ton more pics and videos of startup/walkaround, PM me if interested.

1986 Mustang 5.0 5 speed
    I have owned this car since Oct 2014, when I purchased it was 100% stock, all work was done by me, there is not a part on this car that you could ask a question about of which I wouldn’t know the answer. Body has 153,XXX on it and mileage may slightly increase as I do take it out on nice days, engine has 5900 miles since rebuild in spring of 2021. Rebuild was done because a dog bone broke and a lifter turned, ate the cam, destroyed cam bearing, hence the new F1SE block which has thicker cylinder walls than stock. Block had brand new cam bearings installed by local machine shop. New build included brand new bearings (cam, rod, main), piston rings, fasteners, lifters, lifter trays, cam (identical specs to previous cam), block, oil pump.
    Runs and drives perfectly; this is a very fun car and it gets compliments everywhere I go. I have taken it on 6-hour round trip drives to Charlotte without missing a beat, does not burn oil. Shifts smooth (if it is less than 50 degrees out it will grind slightly going into third, does not do it after 5 mins of run time and in weather above 50 does not grind at all, see full ad – newly built transmission included with sale). Runs very cool, engine rarely ever sees over 200 degrees even in traffic in SC summer (electric fan and water pump, newer aluminum radiator).
    Tuned by Bob Monks of STL Mustangs – 372rwhp/349 rwtq (before 3” exhaust and electric water pump, likely makes a few more horses now).
    The car was repainted at some point before I owned the car, same as the factory color which is Light Regatta Blue. The paint is in great shape for how old the car is.
    The car comes with genuine Marchal SEV fog lights. I have them wired to be able to come on with the parking lights (instead of factory which only allowed them to be turned on if the headlights were on). Car still has the master fog lights switch as well so you can turn them off altogether.

Areas with room for improvement:
    2 spots on the upper part of the hatch have bubbling, the front fascia has normal minor rock chips.
    The interior is in great shape, it does have the dash crack that is very common to four-eyed Mustangs just to the bottom right of the radio, you can research this occurrence and there seems to be no known way to prevent this in 79-86 Mustangs however it can be epoxied over/painted to hide the visibility.
    Rear interior quarters have some fade, could use touch up or replacing
    Kenwood radio, the bezel has been cracked and is no longer on the head unit, very minor
    A/C – everything is ready and waiting for a compressor to be installed in order to be complete and functional. Compressor died last year and have not replaced it (removed it). Lines have been kept sealed shut as you can see the plastic on the ends of the A/C lines to prevent moisture from entering system. The entire AC system is present and ready to roll with the exception of the compressor itself.

Now for the good stuff:

Engine
    F1SE Explorer block (had 18k on it when I pulled it) with rotating assembly from 1986 5.0 Mustang (including factory flat tops)
    Clevite main and rod bearings, Sealed Power Plasma-Moly Rings
    Trickflow 11R 190cc Heads
    ARP Head Stud Kit
    Trickflow Chromoly pushrods
    Comp Pro Magnum (steel) full roller rockers – 1.6 ratio
    Jomar Rocker Stud Girdle for TFS Heads
    FTI Custom Hydraulic Roller Billet Camshaft (cam card included)
    Holley Systemax 2 – lower ported by Tom Moss to match heads, throttle body opening enlarged to 80mm
    Tall Valve Covers (generic ebay brand). Driver’s side cut and welded to fit with intake without the use of a 1” spacer
    BBK 80mm Throttle body
    ATI Super Damper harmonic balancer
    Mass air converted – A9L ECU from 89 mustang, Moates QH Chip with custom tune (by STL Mustangs)
    Custom 102mm MAF and intake tube, brand of meter is PMAS
    Ford Taurus Electric Fan wired to low-speed auto (at 195 degrees) and high-speed manual override switch
    NAPA Aluminum Radiator purchased in 2018
    ProForm Electric Water Pump – comes on with key on, you can have water pump and fans on with engine off
    Converted to 1993+ mini-starter
    Converted to 3G 130amp alternator
    30lb Ford Racing (red top EV6 style) Injectors
    94-95 Mustang 5.0 fuel rails
    Kirban AFPR
    JEGS Fuel Pressure Gauge mounted on rail
    Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump
    Ford Racing Wires, NGK spark plugs, cap and rotor new as of 2021
    Manual Oil Pressure Gauge (Autometer Phantom, sits in vent on driver’s LH side)

Exhaust
    Mac 1-3/4 Longtube headers, ball flanges cut off and V-band clamps welded (true 3” exit) Primaries opened up near head flange to remove casting flash/excess material
    Summit 3” O/R X Pipe (V band clamps) to Dynomax Ultraflow 3” Mufflers into stainless tailpipes

Transmission/Clutch
    Stock T5 – fluid changed in spring of ’21 with Motorcraft Mercon V
    Included with sale – Freshly rebuilt T5 and bellhousing from 1995 Cobra (will bolt up and fit exactly the same, use same driveshaft, shifter position will be ˝” further back than stock, fits through same shifter hole and needs no modifications at all to fit and function)
    McLeod Street Extreme Clutch
    Genuine Ford Clutch Cable – installed 2021
    Steeda Aluminum Firewall Clutch Cable Adjuster
    Steeda Double Hook Clutch Quadrant
    Fidanza Aluminum Flywheel
    Ford Racing 4” Aluminum Driveshaft
    Pro 5.0 Short Throw Shifter

Rear
    Ford Racing 4.10 Gears for 8.8”
    Yukon Upgraded 4 lug axles
    BMR Adjustable Upper Control Arms

Wheels
    Summit 15” Pro Star Replicas – 15x7 front, 15x8 rear
    Rear tires – Nitto 555R Street Extreme Drag 275/60/15, will need new rear tires within next 10k miles, these have been on since 2016

Suspension
    100% Stock Suspension, shocks/struts have been replaced with stock replacements
    Quad Shocks are brand new Gabriel units

Interior
    Kenwood Head Unit
    Autometer Phantom Oil Pressure Gauge – mounted in vent

Misc. Details
    Power Windows
    Power Locks
    Cruise Control
    Manual Seats
    Heat works excellent (new check valves under hood and replaced aging vacuum lines)
    Custom Car Cover included with sale
    Alternator is a brand new Motorcraft 3G 130amp unit
    New Serpentine Belt
    Oil has been changed every 5k miles with Valvoline VR-1 Full Synthetic, Motorcraft FL-1A filter

$15,000 OBO, interested in trades for 96-04 Cobra (plus cash whichever way needed)
    Light Regatta Blue 1986 Mustang GT 5sp - bone stock....block and rotating assembly.

Car is located in Charleston, SC.
    Light Regatta Blue 1986 Mustang GT 5sp - bone stock....block and rotating assembly.

Soldddd