Close

Default Restoration 85 update

Just completed heater box modifications to allow for fitting to Left side fortunately early ford falcon parts (Australian), made the conversion a lot easier and also with the plastic welding equipment and ABS plastic rods I have it worked out fine. Also I fitted a new heater core and evaporator don't want any problems later on.
    The other areas that had to be completed was the brake master cylinder and 4-wheel disc brake proportioning valve which I eventually tracked down, front sway bar end link assembly's nos ford replacement parts, plus a couple of nos fusible links that go to the starter relay from the main loom.
    The other thing that I found when cleaning the alloy wheels was that the cleaner still left the stamp mark on the wheels that was the most prominent, but all still are there. Most of the engine compartment wiring looms, Vaccuum lines etc. are now finished. Next on the agenda is the tilt steering column rebuild already have new bearing and ignition switch assembly wiper switch, indicator switch all nos parts.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Last edited by xanadu23; 11-21-2022 at 04:09 AM. Reason: Change heading

Very impressive! Firewall/engine compartment looks beautiful (better than the way Ford painted them at the factory).

What equipment did you use for the plastic welding on the heater box conversion
    1981 Capri "Black Magic" I6 (sold)
    1985 Mustang GT (sold) Oxford white T-Top
    1985.5 Mustang SVO 9L
    1986 Mustang SVO 1D

Nice!