Close

Default Bought a Green Mountain pellet grill...

I have always been a charcoal guy. Gas just seems like cheating even though it is far easier to maintain a temp. I love the taste of actual smoke/charcoal.
    So, bought a GMG. It's just the wife and I, so we got the Davey Crockett model. Portable (though it does weigh almost 60 lbs) and runs on 12v (great for camping. Use the cig lighter, a plug in, or hook to a battery) with super low power draw.
    Smoked boneless skinless chicken thighs tonight. ABSOLUTELY YUMMY!
    We've used it 3 times in the last 3 weeks or so (chicken, beef, and salmon). It has replaced the charcoal kettle grill. I have yet to refill the pellet Hopper (8lb) with at least 4 hours of grilling/smoking.
    Adjustable temp from 150°-550°.
    Me happy.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    83 5.0 GT. Quicker than it looks! 10:1 (or just over) 306, Motorsport a332 cam, 140A alt, t5 conv, 8.8 w/ 3.27's, Edel rpm, alum rad, very worked e7's, Holley SA carb, etc... SOLD IT!!!!

Now an 1981 Granada! .040 over 302, Edel E-street heads... Currently building a 347 because, why not?

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

Ive got a pit boss pro series. Really like it. It has a grate you can slide and open to full flame access, for searing etc.
    Mike

Now stang-less.

88 Cougar 5.0

Did a stew in it tonight. First two hours no lid so smoking for flavor (just meat and broth mixture). Second two lid on for the veggies to steam. Carrots, spuds, a few black beans, corn, Italian herbs.
    Twas yummy!

83 5.0 GT. Quicker than it looks! 10:1 (or just over) 306, Motorsport a332 cam, 140A alt, t5 conv, 8.8 w/ 3.27's, Edel rpm, alum rad, very worked e7's, Holley SA carb, etc... SOLD IT!!!!

Now an 1981 Granada! .040 over 302, Edel E-street heads... Currently building a 347 because, why not?

I have a Pit Boss Pro Cabinet pellet smoker and it gets used at least every couple of weeks all year long! The first year I had it I used it almost every weekend with killer results! Smoked brisket, baby back ribs, homemade jerky and tri-tip are our regular favorites. When I smoke the brisket, I run the cabinet at low temp for 16 hours and the end results are nothing short of amazing!

Robert
    1984 RS 347 Capri, To many car parts to list, check out my car build page here for the story on my car and a full parts list/setup!:

My RS in Action

Awesome! Yesterday I did a berry cobbler and chicken thighs. I'm not obsessed, but love the flavor. About once a week or so for usage.
    Our anniversary is Jan 1 so we plan to home smoke some salmon, stay in, and share that, some other meats/cheeses and a nice bottle of wine new years eve. 22 years this time around.

Doing a salmon chowder this week. Planning on smoking/grilling a couple filets to use for it. I did one on the stovetop a couple weeks ago, hopefully this one is a bit more flavorful.

We got a Traeger a couple of years ago. It gets used weekly. There is lots of information on Youtube for pellet smoker ideas. We've had great results time and again follow the guidelines from the Malcom Reed video's. A turkey goes on tomorrow morning, it went into the brine earlier today. Turkey is fantastic when fresh off the smoker.