Close

Default New reproduction parts - family business !

Hello everyone,

I haven't been around for a while but these days I'm starting something pretty exciting : a reproduction parts business, with the precious help of my in laws from Delhi.
    They have a factory who has been crafting metal parts for a long time now, and we have been working together to make new parts for classic cars. So far we've only made one, but a perfect reproduction of the 1982-1984 Trans Am hubcaps, in ABS and turned aluminum, just like the original ones. Shipping will start in january.
    Our goal will be to provide those hard to find parts that are either not reproduced yet, or not well, or too expensive.

I will also make reproduction upholstery kits, for example I plan to provide the most accurate ones for the 79-80 Mustangs, as they do not exist (the TMI and Acme kits have completely wrong materials).

I've been into early fox Mustangs for seven years and I've acquired quite a bit of knowledge now, so I see what is not reproduced and could be in demand. But some of you have far more experience with them so any insight would be valuable.

I have a small list of potential candidates to reproduce, but if you have something in mind let me know !

Name:  5lo.jpg
Views: 317
Size:  102.6 KB
    Name:  3lo.jpg
Views: 318
Size:  197.6 KB

FEP Supporter

Not in the "metal" department but...

I don't believe there are any "correct appearing" reproduction under-hood insulation pads out there for any Fox vehicles.
    There are some incorrect ones that are just black or grey slabs of material with a few holes punched in them.
    FYI, every now and then NOS Aero Fox pads come up on EBay and I've seen them priced stupid high, like $800+ USD.
    I'd be happy with one that at least has the Mustang logo like the original for my '90.
    '85 GT

Interesting, all my Foxes were early models, and these have a basic mat with a few holes for insulation. I did have a 95 parts car and kept the hard fiber insulation with the Mustang logo in it. Was it a similar design on the later Fox ?

FEP Supporter

I don't believe any of the Fox styles were rigid, they were however molded.

Aero style

Name:  aero hoodliner.JPG
Views: 225
Size:  30.2 KB

83-86 style

Name:  83-86 hoodliner.JPG
Views: 223
Size:  55.0 KB
    '85 GT

I can't find a 1985 insulation pad anywhere. Why did Daniel Carpenter Mustang stop making the reproductions? They used to make them with the original Ford tooling. Maybe we could get a group together to get them to do another run?
    1985 Mustang GT Convertible
    Stock and original @ 213k, except for dynomax ultraflos.

Quote Originally Posted by 85stanggt View Post
    I can't find a 1985 insulation pad anywhere. Why did Daniel Carpenter Mustang stop making the reproductions? They used to make them with the original Ford tooling. Maybe we could get a group together to get them to do another run?
    I'd certainly be up for that... count me in!
    1985 Mustang GT (Mothballed...Desired restomod parts acquired...Top of my project list for my 2024 retirement!)