Close

Default 1979 Mercury Capri

I am looking for a 1979 Mercury Capri. My first car was a 5.0L automatic with the red ghia interior and white exterior. I am looking for the same thing or close to it.

I'm a little far, but I have a '79 Capri I might be willing to sell. Medium Chestnut, 2.3L auto. Original, mostly untouched survivor. Edgewood, MD, USA.
    Jim DeAngelis
    Cornucopia of Useless Knowledge
    Connoisseur of Dearborn Ferrous Oxide
    '83 GT hatch, currently under the knife
    '79 Capri 2.3L n/a, Medium Copper metallic, survivor
    (bought from MRausch82)

FEP User

Foureyed81 your OP says looking for same as what you had or close. Does car have to have a 302 5 L ? What is your ideal engine and trans ?

sent pm back

Quote Originally Posted by 1981 Capri View Post
    Foureyed81 your OP says looking for same as what you had or close. Does car have to have a 302 5 L ? What is your ideal engine and trans ?
    PM Sent

If it is a runner, It can be shipped. I have brought a vehicle up from Montana.

Quote Originally Posted by FB71 View Post
    I'm a little far, but I have a '79 Capri I might be willing to sell. Medium Chestnut, 2.3L auto. Original, mostly untouched survivor. Edgewood, MD, USA.

If it runs then it can be shipped. I will send you a PM

FEP Senior Member

There is a '79 project for sale on CL in Battle Creek MI. It's 5.0 RS. I was in touch with the guy a while back. It needs floors and a few other things.
    Bleed Ford Blue! '84 Grabber Orange SVO, '88 Saleen 1 of 4 w/Automatic, '89 Steeda, '71 DeTomaso Pantera GT5 Wide Body EFI 4.6 DOHC...soon to be a Gen3 Coyote and some Old Ford Muscle w/ BB power. 1.21 Jigawatts!!?? PETRO EXPRESS=CITGO=BOYCOTT!
    State of Illinois - Taxation without Representation!

FEP User

I run an ad on used Victoria , the add says Fox body parts wanted , in the past , scrape metal yards have phoned me about cars they would be crushing for scrape metal . I have even had emails and phone calls from Alberta. I was unaware of this forum when those cars were crushed . foureyed81 do you also have an ad for fox body parts wanted . From the ad i run on Used Victoria there are now two project cars for sale . But they are Mustangs not what you are looking for and sound like not running well enough to drive them back to Calgary . I have asked them both to post on this forum or on used Victoria and i would repost on this forum . Every one where ever you are, post ads asking for parts wanted , you would be surprised what comes up as not every one wants to post what they have for sale .

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE'SVO86 View Post
    There is a '79 project for sale on CL in Battle Creek MI. It's 5.0 RS. I was in touch with the guy a while back. It needs floors and a few other things.
    I found it and messaged the guy. The red one with a white fender right?

PM replied, also sent pics to your email.
    Jim DeAngelis
    Cornucopia of Useless Knowledge
    Connoisseur of Dearborn Ferrous Oxide
    '83 GT hatch, currently under the knife
    '79 Capri 2.3L n/a, Medium Copper metallic, survivor
    (bought from MRausch82)

FEP Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Foureyed81 View Post
    I found it and messaged the guy. The red one with a white fender right?
    Yep, that's the one. He said it needed floors and a hood. Can't remember what else. It's been for sale for close to a year. He started at $3500.00 I have 2 hoods for it and a replacement floor section. That's how things got started.
    Bleed Ford Blue! '84 Grabber Orange SVO, '88 Saleen 1 of 4 w/Automatic, '89 Steeda, '71 DeTomaso Pantera GT5 Wide Body EFI 4.6 DOHC...soon to be a Gen3 Coyote and some Old Ford Muscle w/ BB power. 1.21 Jigawatts!!?? PETRO EXPRESS=CITGO=BOYCOTT!

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE'SVO86 View Post
    Yep, that's the one. He said it needed floors and a hood. Can't remember what else. It's been for sale for close to a year. He started at $3500.00 I have 2 hoods for it and a replacement floor section. That's how things got started.
    He sent me pics and it is very rough. He is down to $1500

FEP Senior Member

Yep, it has been sitting outside on grass for quite a while.