Close

Default American Muscle Doesn't Care About Your Safety

So, I determined that my hanging throttle I'm experiencing is due to the throttle blade sticking in my new American Muscle SR Performance throttle body. I did the stupid customer service chat, and they wouldn't do squat for me. That is a safety defect! I worked at a Ford shop when they recalled all the Explorer 4.0 SOHC because of a sticking throttle blade. Most of the ones I saw, there was no problem at all, but they all got new ones anyway. That's not a problem you want to have.
    Brad

'79 Mercury Zephyr ES 5.0L GT40 EFI, T-5
    '17 Ford Focus ST
    '14 Ford Fusion SE Manual

Thanks for the heads up! I've had better luck with LMR than with American Muscle.
    79 Zephyr, 4.6L 4v/4r70w swap, with team z front and rear suspension, 8.8 and upgraded brakes and coil overs. Running Holley Terminator X Max.

Do not buy AM's Lionhart tires.............

Scotty
    1985 Fox Notch 4-banger Ranger tube header Eastwood Royal Blue
    1988 Fox LX 5.0 AOD Vert BBK 170mph speedo Candy Apple Red
    1999 Mustang Coupe V6 Auto Chrome Yellow -Daily Driver.
    Past Pony's.....
    68 Coupe Inline-6 3-Speed-Man. Primer
    78 II Hatch 302 3-Speed-Auto Sunroof Black
    81 4-Eye Coupe 4-Banger 4-Speed-Man. White

Only thing I've ever bought from AM is a Spec clutch kit. Think they might have had the best price on them at the time. Seems they cater more to the '05-up crowd and never really had anything I've needed or couldn't get elsewhere.

The majority of my money has gone to Summit, LMR, and Maximum Motorsports.
    Thomas

1985 Mustang GT - Build Thread
    347 (Stock Block, Scat Crank & Rods, Probe Pistons, 11:1 CR, AFR 185's, PP Crosswind Intake, Custom-ground Comp Hyd Roller Cam, Scorpion 1.6 Roller Rockers, Holley 3310-4), T-5, 8.8 w/3.55's, MM SFC's, T/A, PHB, LCA's, Strut Tower Brace, K-Member Brace, Bilstein HD Struts/Shocks, MM/H&R Springs, SN95 5-Lug, Cobra Brakes, '04 Mach 1 Steering Rack

[QUOTE=85MUSTANGTGT;1953108]Only thing I've ever bought from AM is a Spec clutch kit. Think they might have had the best price on them at the time. Seems they cater more to the '05-up crowd and never really had anything I've needed or couldn't get elsewhere.

The majority of my money has gone to Summit, LMR, and Maximum Motorsports.[/QUOTE.

NPD for the win.

Quote Originally Posted by webestang View Post
    Do not buy AM's Lionhart tires.............

Dude!

Yeah, I usually don't buy from them, but they were the only ones I could find with a "good" price on a 75mm throttle body. Now I know why!
    Brad

'79 Mercury Zephyr ES 5.0L GT40 EFI, T-5
    '17 Ford Focus ST
    '14 Ford Fusion SE Manual

I got those tires with a wheel/tire package. I should have know better and just bought the wheels but all of it including shipping was $668.
    I've since replace with Uniroyal Tiger Paws. I feel safer and the TP's have a better ride.

Scotty
    1985 Fox Notch 4-banger Ranger tube header Eastwood Royal Blue
    1988 Fox LX 5.0 AOD Vert BBK 170mph speedo Candy Apple Red
    1999 Mustang Coupe V6 Auto Chrome Yellow -Daily Driver.
    Past Pony's.....
    68 Coupe Inline-6 3-Speed-Man. Primer
    78 II Hatch 302 3-Speed-Auto Sunroof Black
    81 4-Eye Coupe 4-Banger 4-Speed-Man. White