Close

FEP Senior Member

Default 1982-1983 GT/RS 4 Spoke Leather Steering Wheel

SOLD! 4 spoke leather steering wheel in really good shape. There are some light scratches on the left side of the wheel. I used Mother's VLR on it. No wear through or dry crack. SOLD!

PM me if interested. Thanks, Mike

Attachment 137630Attachment 137631Attachment 137632Attachment 137633Attachment 137634
    Last edited by MIKE'SVO86; 04-08-2023 at 10:40 AM.
    Bleed Ford Blue! '84 Grabber Orange SVO, '88 Saleen 1 of 4 w/Automatic, '89 Steeda, '71 DeTomaso Pantera GT5 Wide Body EFI 4.6 DOHC...soon to be a Gen3 Coyote and some Old Ford Muscle w/ BB power. 1.21 Jigawatts!!?? PETRO EXPRESS=CITGO=BOYCOTT!
    State of Illinois - Taxation without Representation!

FEP Senior Member
    Last edited by MIKE'SVO86; 04-08-2023 at 10:40 AM.
    Bleed Ford Blue! '84 Grabber Orange SVO, '88 Saleen 1 of 4 w/Automatic, '89 Steeda, '71 DeTomaso Pantera GT5 Wide Body EFI 4.6 DOHC...soon to be a Gen3 Coyote and some Old Ford Muscle w/ BB power. 1.21 Jigawatts!!?? PETRO EXPRESS=CITGO=BOYCOTT!

Is that a non-original center cap? Or is the center cap missing the emblem?

FEP Senior Member

I don't think they had the RS emblem in the center. It was from a 83 RS Capri.

FEP Super Member Bryan Knebworth's Avatar

I know its late (and I should be in bed!) but that steering wheel is extremely rare. Reason being, it's the Standard wheel, yet has the optional factory Leather Wrap. In comparison, the Leather wrap on the Cruise wheel is quite common. My no-option GT has the same wheel as pictured, with only the faux simulated wrap made with foam/rubber. This one here is the real-deal, with real leather over that. Some might say the Leather wrap was standard equipment with the GT/RS/Turbo, not sure.

The Center on the Mustang wheel has the Ford Crown, while Capri I believe has the cat face. Love to buy this wheel, but car is currently For Sale.
    Last edited by Bryan Knebworth; 04-14-2023 at 01:49 AM. Reason: added text