Close

Thread: Foxtoberfest

Default Foxtoberfest

I'm planning on attending this year, but I've never been before. What advice to a rookie do you have (do's/don'ts, bring/don't bring, etc). I'm not showing anything, just a spectator and maybe a shopper. Coming from AL.
    84 Capri RS Turbo
    Vinemont, AL (formerly El Mirage, AZ)
    USAF 1986-2007 (Ret)

Did you go? What did you think of it?

I went this year myself. Same as you, for the first time and just as a spectator. I loved it. Hope to participate in a couple of years. Plan on making it a regular thing from now on. I was like a kid in a candy store, so many great cars. It was cool just seeing foxes driving all over the place. Reminded me of how it was back in the 80's and 90's where you couldn't go anywhere without seeing one (or many) on the road.
    1985 Mustang GT (Mothballed...Desired restomod parts acquired...Top of my project list for my 2024 retirement!)

FEP Power Member

I was there, met a bunch of internet friends including Fox Chassis. Svo club had a good showing along with Saleens etc.
    Kendal

Not enough time to talk with everybody. Good to see you again, Kendal.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Didn’t make it, still was sick. Bronchitis.
    84 Capri RS Turbo
    Vinemont, AL (formerly El Mirage, AZ)
    USAF 1986-2007 (Ret)

Man I wish Western Canada had shows like this
    Mustangs
    84.5 Gt T-top
    85 Gt

Wow, we should have worn name tags. I would have liked to known who I was talking to a few times.

Personally, I had a great time and did meet a lot of people I 'know' online when they said they'd seen my car, or I recognized theirs.

One of the more interesting conversations was about how people aren't impressed with the coyote swaps any more. Not to take away from the quality of the builds, but more 'ok, that looks cool' then they'd move on. I think there was only one ecoboost swap, and he was in the grass. I spoke with him about it and that was more interesting than the coyote discussions.

Maybe next year some duratec swaps?

I'll be definitely going back next year.
    I'm an FEP Paid Supporter and proud of it. Are you?

1984 Capri Turbo RS - Alive after 7 years! Build Thread
    2018 Mustang GT - daily driver

I was also impressed with all the non-mustangs there, Fairmont, wagons, and probably 10 Capris in total.
    I'm an FEP Paid Supporter and proud of it. Are you?

1984 Capri Turbo RS - Alive after 7 years! Build Thread
    2018 Mustang GT - daily driver

10 Capris? Damn that be a world record gathering these days...I've watched a few youtube videos of the event...the "CoolPri" was there as well as a hand full of McLarens and a really nice looking red. t-top Capri...too bad I'm on the opposite coast, would love to attend with my Capri.

My wife and I talked about making the trip next year.

We went to the E-ville Shindig (in Evansville) with a buddy and his wife this year. It was closer (and Foxtoberfest wasn't on my radar early enough).
    83 TC "Clone"
    85 Marquis LTS
    86 LTD Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by KCoker View Post
    Svo club had a good showing along with Saleens etc.
    Yea, I thought the turnout of SVO's and Saleen's was great. There were some impressive cars on display.

Quote Originally Posted by billkandi View Post
    Didn’t make it, still was sick. Bronchitis.
    Hope you're feeling better. Sorry you missed it.

See you there next year!

Quote Originally Posted by ccurtin View Post
    I was also impressed with all the non-mustangs there, Fairmont, wagons, and probably 10 Capris in total.
    That was cool to see also. Yea, there were quite a few non-Mustang fox chassis cars showing.

And there was some crazy stuff too. The Foxchero and the turbo'ed semi-fox-bodied(!?) chassis car were definately out-of-the-box thinking, imo. I'll try to throw up a pic of those sometime.
    1985 Mustang GT (Mothballed...Desired restomod parts acquired...Top of my project list for my 2024 retirement!)

Wow, we should have worn name tags. I would have liked to known who I was talking to a few times.

Personally, I had a great time and did meet a lot of people I 'know' online when they said they'd seen my car, or I recognized theirs.
    Pass on the name tags, but maybe some sort of secret handshake or signal (ala The Sting). (look it up kids!)

But seriously, we'll start a thread next year and figure out a way to cross paths at the show, or the Friday party or something. It's super easy if you stay at one of the 4 hotels in that area where the Friday night party was held. I actually did end up meeting up with another Fox owner I knew only from the internet at the show. Great convo and we actually ended up eating dinner together one night. Always cool to make "Fox friends".

One of the more interesting conversations was about how people aren't impressed with the coyote swaps any more. Not to take away from the quality of the builds, but more 'ok, that looks cool' then they'd move on. I think there was only one ecoboost swap, and he was in the grass. I spoke with him about it and that was more interesting than the coyote discussions.
    Yea, there were a lot of Coyote swaps. Shoehorned that wide ass motor in there!

And a lot, a lot of centrifugal blowers too.

Maybe next year some duratec swaps?
    Yea, maybe a duratec swap, or how bout a Mach E swap.

I wasn't able to make it this year but I did go for the first time last year. It was a great experience. Like 85GTGuy, it really takes you back to when these cars were everywhere. It was great seeing and hearing them running around. I hope to make it again.

New User

I'll go next year! Is it the biggest meet?