Close

Default Autocrossing the CFI 302

Just thought some of you might enjoy this.

https://youtu.be/smYF0pRkmFQ
    1984.5 G.T.350 5.0 CFI AOD Convertible (TRX package, loaded)
    K&N filter in a stock dual snorkel, GT40 heads, Edelbrock 3721 intake, MSD 8456 Dist., MSD 8227 coil
    Comp cams XE254H, hypereutectic pistons
    Hooker Super Comp Shorty Equal Length Headers, catted BBK H-pipe, full custom duals
    Maximum Motorsports caster/camber plates and strut tower brace, 3.73 rear, dura grip (both Yukon)
    Ford Performance Springs, Firehawk A/S 225/55r16 on LMR TRX r390 wheels (street)
    Federal 595 rs-rr 245/40r17 and 255/40r17 on OE cobra r wheels (race)
    AOD rebuilt with a 6 clutch direct drum, Koline steels stacked with 8 clutches, Kevlar band, superior shift kit, new torque converter. --Everything else stock and fully functional.

Like your suspension set up. Very little cowl shake with minimal body roll. Good Job!!!!
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough."
    Albert Einstein

1984 20th Anniversary GT350
    Almost "Stock"

Wow! that is a beast of a CFI. Were you in 1st gear?

I would need a line painted on the ground, or I would be a complete mess lol
    Mike

Now stang-less.

88 Cougar 5.0

Yeah, takes a while to get used to the cone thing.

I started in first, let it shift into 2nd, then pulled it back to keep it in second (you can actually see me playing with the stick in the first couple seconds of the run). So 2nd gear throughout. I did a race a couple months ago with a much more twisty design and left it in first. That was hilarious. And sounded awesome.
    1984.5 G.T.350 5.0 CFI AOD Convertible (TRX package, loaded)
    K&N filter in a stock dual snorkel, GT40 heads, Edelbrock 3721 intake, MSD 8456 Dist., MSD 8227 coil
    Comp cams XE254H, hypereutectic pistons
    Hooker Super Comp Shorty Equal Length Headers, catted BBK H-pipe, full custom duals
    Maximum Motorsports caster/camber plates and strut tower brace, 3.73 rear, dura grip (both Yukon)
    Ford Performance Springs, Firehawk A/S 225/55r16 on LMR TRX r390 wheels (street)
    Federal 595 rs-rr 245/40r17 and 255/40r17 on OE cobra r wheels (race)
    AOD rebuilt with a 6 clutch direct drum, Koline steels stacked with 8 clutches, Kevlar band, superior shift kit, new torque converter. --Everything else stock and fully functional.

Quote Originally Posted by emerygt350 View Post

I started in first, let it shift into 2nd, then pulled it back to keep it in second
    The ol' AOD shuffle
    Mike

Now stang-less.

88 Cougar 5.0