Anyone else have any issues with these mounts ?

My story: I purchased and installed the 4.1122 engine mount and trans mount kit on my 80 last summer. Initially all seemed good no issues so never thought much about it. However this summer I started feeling an increasing vibration that starting occurring as engine RPM increased and got really noticeable around 3000 and up.

After checking the basics without finding anything I started to suspect the mounts since the engine also seemed to visually shake more when first started as well. I decided to (just) change the trans mount back to stock just to see if it made any difference. It actually improved the vibration so I also decided to change back to my old stock motor mounts to see if that was in fact the culprit.

When I got the energy mounts off I found the metal bracket that mounts to the block had essentially come loose from the urethane block that is held by the metal clamshell etc. I could move them around quite easily which didn't seem right. I understand they should flex but everything seemed down right loose to me.

Sure enough with the old stock motor mounts installed this vibration was much much improved so I came to the conclusion that the energy mounts must have went bad. They were not that old and very few miles etc.

I see lots of good reviews online but could not find anything specific to what I've experienced.