Close

Default 85 GT Sway Bar Questions

Hello Gang,

I just pulled the factory front sway bar off my 85 GT. I have two related questions:

As an FYI, due to budget / time we're staying with the factory 1.25" unit for now.

Thanks in advance, everyone. Have a safe Labor Day Weekend!

BG

Poly on the sway bar will not impact the ride quality. It will improve the handling and decrease body roll/lean.

I haven't used the LMR kit, but their bushings are Prothane brand IIRC, and I have used them on several vehicles. Quality stuff. If you need the actual sway bar mounts, then its a good deal. If your mounts are in good shape you can save $$ and just buy the bushings and end link kit. Good Luck!
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

As always, thank you, Trey!!

What Trey said (like always!).

Poly bushings on the anti sway bar do not affect ride harshness. It will take slop out of it's reaction to weight change (cornering) more quickly and efficiently than the squishy stock rubber ones.

When you turn the wheel the bar will act more quickly and accurately with less deflection.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    83 5.0 GT. Quicker than it looks! 10:1 (or just over) 306, Motorsport a332 cam, 140A alt, t5 conv, 8.8 w/ 3.27's, Edel rpm, alum rad, very worked e7's, Holley SA carb, etc... SOLD IT!!!!

Now an 1981 Granada! .040 over 302, Edel E-street heads... Currently building a 347 because, why not?

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"