Close

Default New to 4Door Fox

Hello everyone my name is Les I currently have a 1982 white black capri but I just recently picked up a 1981 Zephyr and I'm new to this kind of fox. So I have a question the dash pad needs to be replaced and there is a crack in the dash itself does a dash from a mustang or Capri will work with this car. Once I get home I will take a picture of the VIN label and buck tag to get decoded I'm curious about it. Thanks everyone.Name:  1.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  35.0 KBName:  0.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  41.3 KB
    Last edited by 9DBlackMagic; 08-31-2022 at 09:55 PM.
    ~LES~
    157 HP @ 4200 RPM
    240 ft/lb @ 2400 RPM

"Yeah Baby Feel That Pure Power"
    Capri:
    Is a Mustang With Hips And Class

He Les, welcome to FEP. The dash pads on Mustang/Capris are only slightly different than on the Fairmont/Zephyr. They do interchange, but something is different between the two aesthetically and I cant recall what it is. I have a mustang pad in my Zephyr and it looks fine, although it's cracked now too. I think I'll be buying one of the dash "caps" instead of another pad since they always seem to crack over time.
    '79 Z7 w/sunroof, first car, 302, 5-speed, 8.8 Rear Disc
    '68 Cougar 302 4v Auto
    '84 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
    '03 F250 V10
    '04 Volkswagen Golf 2.0
    '07 Hyundai Entourage

Howdy! I put a plastic dash cap in my 4-door Granada and it looks decent. The original dash had a huge hole where the speaker used to be.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    Last edited by richpet; 09-02-2022 at 10:30 PM.
    83 5.0 GT. Quicker than it looks! 10:1 (or just over) 306, Motorsport a332 cam, 140A alt, t5 conv, 8.8 w/ 3.27's, Edel rpm, alum rad, very worked e7's, Holley SA carb, etc... SOLD IT!!!!

Now an 1981 Granada! .040 over 302, Edel E-street heads... Currently building a 347 because, why not?

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

Please I need as much help as possible I don't know anything about this car and what is interchangeable. I know parts are hard to find the Fairmont and Zephyrs. Everything on the exterior looks to be there and in good shape and runs really good. What I really need help with is the interior. Dashpad, sunvisors, crack on the main dash structure, sun dried up all plastics and flaking, don't have any idea what the trunk suppose to look like mine is messed up, all seats torn, seat belts are broken, instrument cluster missing shift indicator, main floor carpet torn to shreds, the whole glove box latch is missing, missing the ash tray, door panels are wrapped, door panels a little wrapped, need dew wipes on all 4 doors, and this is just star of it. I got this car as a cruiser. I would love to get the interior looking mint. I love this car every time I drive it. It always but a big smile on my face.
    ~LES~
    157 HP @ 4200 RPM
    240 ft/lb @ 2400 RPM

Capri:

Carpet should be pretty easy. I found several options for mine. ACC brand I think? I went for the less expensive option with no insulation.
    For dew wipes I only did my front doors. I should do the back ones though. Buy a rear window dew wipe for a '90 Bronco. You will have to cut it to length and move the clips. I used a screwdriver to pop them off and move them, used the old dew wipe as a pattern. One Bronco wipe did both front doors with a bit left over.
    Glovebox latches can be found pretty easily as most all of them interchange. In fact I think you can get them new.
    Check places like LMR and you may find a lot of what you want.
    You might consider just taking the seats to an auto upholstery shop. Not cheap but will look nice.
    Door cards can be a bit tricky to find. Since they were essentially cardboard they don't hold up well to moisture. Not sure if an upholstery shop could redo them. With all that's done on custom cars it will probably come down to how many dollars you want to spend or how long you want to scour yards, ebay, etc.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    Last edited by richpet; 09-08-2022 at 10:26 AM.
    83 5.0 GT. Quicker than it looks! 10:1 (or just over) 306, Motorsport a332 cam, 140A alt, t5 conv, 8.8 w/ 3.27's, Edel rpm, alum rad, very worked e7's, Holley SA carb, etc... SOLD IT!!!!

Now an 1981 Granada! .040 over 302, Edel E-street heads... Currently building a 347 because, why not?

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

Thanks for the info I really appreciate it
    ~LES~
    157 HP @ 4200 RPM
    240 ft/lb @ 2400 RPM

Capri: