Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default fairmont subframe connectors.

i recently found a guy that builds subframe connectors for long wheel base foxes that have built in lower torque box buckets. They are adjustable and will supposedly fit fairmont, zephyrs, thunderbirds etc. i ordered a set along with upper and lower torque box reinforcements. When they arrive i will let you guys know if its worth the money. I hope that they are as good as they look. They are a little more money that standard fox SFC but hopefully will work better

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesblown97 View Post
    i recently found a guy that builds subframe connectors for long wheel base foxes that have built in lower torque box buckets. They are adjustable and will supposedly fit fairmont, zephyrs, thunderbirds etc. i ordered a set along with upper and lower torque box reinforcements. When they arrive i will let you guys know if its worth the money. I hope that they are as good as they look. They are a little more money that standard fox SFC but hopefully will work better
    Awesome, please let me know about this! Extremely interested
    79 Zephyr, 4.6L 4v/4r70w swap, with team z front and rear suspension, 8.8 and upgraded brakes and coil overs. Running Holley Terminator X Max.

There's a guy on one(at least) of the fb Fairmont/Zephyr pages who sells these. Maybe the same guy? I think he sells on ebay too.

The guy's on FB won't fit the Tbird/Cougar without modding the seat braces.
    Last edited by Chuck W; 12-09-2021 at 11:04 PM.
    83 TC "Clone"
    85 Marquis LTS
    86 LTD Wagon

Are these through the floor?
    79 Zephyr, 4.6L 4v/4r70w swap, with team z front and rear suspension, 8.8 and upgraded brakes and coil overs. Running Holley Terminator X Max.

Quote Originally Posted by massacre View Post
    Are these through the floor?
    They don't look to be. The pics on FB show them welded to the bottom of the subframe.
    83 TC "Clone"
    85 Marquis LTS
    86 LTD Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck W View Post
    They don't look to be. The pics on FB show them welded to the bottom of the subframe.
    Thank you!
    i am not on FB so that helps a lot

mikes fox body on facebook is his page. He doesnt have them in stock. he builds them as they are ordered from what he says. Hes currently building mine and if they work like i hope ill let you guys know

Thanks for the link!
    I'm not on FB but i can see the photos.
    Curious to see how much adjustment is possible

once i get them receive them i will let you all know about them

Awesome thanks

Any update to this?
    '79 Z7 w/sunroof, first car, 302, 5-speed, 8.8 Rear Disc
    '68 Cougar 302 4v Auto
    '84 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
    '03 F250 V10
    '04 Volkswagen Golf 2.0
    '07 Hyundai Entourage

Would also like to know

Well, the link to the FB post is dead, so---
    83 TC "Clone"
    85 Marquis LTS
    86 LTD Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck W View Post
    Well, the link to the FB post is dead, so---

It works for me, but it's the link I posted. If you're on fb, this is the guy who makes them (Michael Savard) https://www.facebook.com/groups/1002...er/1298595318/

Link does not work for me either

This content isn't available right now
    When this happens, it's usually because the owner only shared it with a small group of people, changed who can see it or it's been deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by 4-barrel Mike View Post
    Yup..........

Well, his FB page mentioned in the first post doesn't show up either.
    83 TC "Clone"
    85 Marquis LTS
    86 LTD Wagon

Has anyone heard anything else about these?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1984 LTD LX, 160k mile Explorer 5.0, Comp XE264HR-14 cam, Alex’s Parts springs on stock GT40 3 bar heads, Unported Explorer intake, 1 5/8 shorty headers, off-road H-Pipe, Spintech 9000 mufflers, Holley Terminator X Max, J-Mod 4R70W, Mustang 8.8 w/ 3.73s, Tubular front and rear control arms, front coilovers, Turbocoupe rear coil springs

Quote Originally Posted by massacre View Post
    Link does not work for me either
    Maybe you have to be a member of that page to see the post. I'm not sure how that works, I click the link and it takes me to that post.

I messaged Michael Savard in June about these subframe connectors. he sent me a video of how they slide to adjust in length and a few photos (albeit not very good ones) of them installed. At that time he quoted me $345 shipped to my door as he is located in Canada and shipping from there can get pricey. He also sells torque box kits for another $90. He was very polite and willing to answer questions in our messages. I was hoping someone would have some real world experience with these since they are quite a bit of money for a set of subframe connectors.
    '79 Z7 w/sunroof, first car, 302, 5-speed, 8.8 Rear Disc
    '68 Cougar 302 4v Auto
    '84 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
    '03 F250 V10
    '04 Volkswagen Golf 2.0
    '07 Hyundai Entourage

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast