Close

Default 40th Annual Mustang Roundup

www.mustangsnorthwest.com

Anyone going? Just realized that I could have saved $15 bucks by pre-registering cuz damn $40 bucks day of show! Ouch Bidenflation strikes again...but the DethMerc Capri will be there!

FEP Senior Member

Looks like a good show, but trailering my '86 there would be too much on the wallet (9-10 hour drive for me). I have a local show on Saturday with my other car. Have fun if you can make it, and post a few pictures.
    Join The Conversation
    http://www.youtube.com/basinmotorsports

'86 Hatchback V6 / Auto Restomod (For Sale)

Quote Originally Posted by Basin Motorsports View Post
    Looks like a good show, but trailering my '86 there would be too much on the wallet (9-10 hour drive for me). I have a local show on Saturday with my other car. Have fun if you can make it, and post a few pictures.
    You made the right decision by staying home...because a lot of people stayed home...worse attendance I've ever seen! Not sure what is going on with the Mustang Clubs in Washington but the 4 day event was cut down to 2 days due to lack of participants and volunteers. The Thursday prior to the event is the Open Track day but it was cancelled due to only 17 people registering, need 80 cars to cover costs. The Friday Pony Trails event was cancelled due to lack of volunteers. The Mustangs Northwest Club apparently has pissed off sponsors and top club event organizers. This year was the 1st year since 1992 that the venue changed locations so that definitely hurt turn out as well as the club not spending money on advertising the event.

This show used to attract over 1,000 cars annually, this year there might have been 120 cars. I counted 10 Fox bodies including mine! That's it.
    This event usually has the Saleen Trailer with Steve in attendance, the Shelby Trailer, Ford Performance and sometimes Roush...all were no shows.

I realize that some people have moved out of the state (can't blame them) some have sold their cars, some have passed on, some have other commitments or simply just can't afford to attend but hopefully this was the anomaly year and next year the Mustangs and other Fords will return.

But the Capri was a hit...

FEP Senior Member

My local show was down on everything also. Low attendance, vendors, food carts, etc. I don't know if they covered their cost on everything. I'm sure as prices aren't helping with any of it. I went to a show two weeks ago with the same result. Low attendance. Let's hope for better in the future.
    Join The Conversation
    http://www.youtube.com/basinmotorsports

'86 Hatchback V6 / Auto Restomod (For Sale)

I had actually pre-registered for the show, but I caught Covid the week prior and still wasn't feeling well that weekend and didn't go. I used to go every year since 1995 but the last 6-7 years I have missed. Like you said, there were over 1000 Mustangs at Bellevue College site every year and the last Pony trails I went on there were over 250 participants. It was a great gathering with a lot of vendors and Ford always brought out their toys.

I think general attendance of car shows still hasn't recovered from the pandemic. It may take some time before they are back in full swing.
    79 Mustang Coupe - Jade Green Metallic - 5.0 5Sp - Purchased 2006
    17 Mustang Convertible - Triple Yellow Tri-Coat - 3.7l Auto - Purchased 2020
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    01 Mustang - 3.8 Auto True Blue - Oct 2001- Apr 2022 RIP
    85 ASC - McLaren 5.0 SC - ASC White - 5.0 CFI Auto - Owned 2004 - 2016
    98 Mustang - White - 3.8 5pd - Owned 1998 - 2001
    84 Mustang SSP - White - 5.0 5sp - Owned 1993 - 1998
    84 SVO - Charcoal - 2.3t 5Sp - Owned 1989 -1992
    79 Mustang Ghia - 5.0 Auto - Owned 1981 - 1986
    68 Mustang Coupe - 302 Auto, Yellow - Owned 1980 - 1981

FEP Super Member Bryan Knebworth's Avatar

40th Annual, that must've been an incredible show, well maybe not this year!

https://mustangsnorthwest.com/car-sh...l-ford-picnic/
    https://mustangsnorthwest.com/

41st Annual Mustang Roundup and it's back at Bellevue community college. Saleen will be there and Ford is bringing their show trailer. My buddy Bill was elected president of Mustangs Northwest club and got the show back to where it's been since the I started going in 1992...
    The Open Track day is back as well

Much better show this year thanks to a new president of the club returning the show to its original location...and for getting Steve Saleen to attend and FoMoCo.
    I didn't take many pictures due to...it's tough to get a good shot without people in the way!!
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    The 1st customer Carbon edition Ford GT...and the customer decided to get his leg in the shot...
    The 2005 was also his...as was the Boss429, the continuation Cobra and the coyote powered 64 convertible built by Troy Lad...that car was ridiculous. Top notch bodywork/panel fit/bumper fit etc...super cool owner with a mega car collection. It was cool just to see a few of them.