Close

Thread: seat foam

Default seat foam

I'd like to replace the seat foam in my 86 LTD. The upholstery is in good condition, but the foam is too soft. Would the replacement foam for the 79-93 Mustang standard seat be correct? It looks to be the closest match of the seat foam that they offer.
    https://lmr.com/item/LRS-64810A/83-9...-Standard-Seat

I can't verify It'll fit your LTD. However, I did buy the same brand foam you linked to from NPD. It's definitely more firm, but not too firm. After some use it should get 'broken in' and be a tad more comfortable... hopefully. I've only driven my car twice since installed.
    84.5 GT Convertible Build Thread
    86 LX Coupe

Does anyone know if the posted seat foam would fit 79-83 cars?
    thanks
    79 Zephyr, 4.6L 4v/4r70w swap, with team z front and rear suspension, 8.8 and upgraded brakes and coil overs. Running Holley Terminator X Max.

I can tell you that the seat foam from the above link is not the same as the LTD seat foam. Not complaining, I took a chance and bought it because the seats look identical in form, I have a set of Mustang LX seats. TMI does not list them for the LTD. The bottoms are close enough to make it work, which I did, but the backs are very different. The bottoms were what needed replacing anyway and I'm very happy with my results. I also had to repair the seatback frame which had broken spot welds and I deleted the armrests, which I hated, from the seats.