Close

Default Will this p.s. rack work?

About to install the rack but am unsure if it right.
    Its all the same except the line running from boot to boot.anyone have any experience with this?
    id hate to install it just to remove it again.Name:  E5141EFD-48D0-45D7-844F-684B4E9DCE96.jpeg
Views: 79
Size:  487.4 KB

The racks look similar, but not the same. What car is it going in? Where did you get it?

That tube is just an equalizer for the air between the boots when turning. Not all cars have them, but most Foxes do.
    83 TC "Clone"
    85 Marquis LTS
    86 LTD Wagon

Napa online.it’s an 83gt. Thanks for the response. I’m going to try it if that’s all the tube is. Will report when done.

Maybe they're closer than they look in the pic, and the rebuilder just didn't opt for the proper boots and balance tube. It *shouldn't" cause a problem.

Is it a 15:1 ratio rack? That's what should be in the '83 GT.
    83 TC "Clone"
    85 Marquis LTS
    86 LTD Wagon

All good, the thread counting didn’t work with it but not a big deal. Steering wheel is off to the left a little but I’ll take care of that in the morning. The pinch bolt was a real pain until I spread it a bit with a big flathead, sure wish I’d have done it a lot sooner than I did. Would have saved a lot of time and pain from rolling around in gravel.
    the ratio seems the same