Close

Default 79-93 Mustang Fender Sound Deadner Pads are now being reproduced!

I just saw these are now being reproduced! These were impossible to find NOS! I just ordered a set

https://lmr.com/item/LRS-16072AK/mus...ner-pads-79-93

FEP Supporter

I didn't realize these were new and I saw them last week while making my project shopping lists and scoping where to buy certain things.

I reused the last set I had but would like to replace the set on this project so added them to my list. They look like the right shapes although they aren't quite the same material and have the same crimped type edging but who can see up in that area anyway!

They are a different material. They have to be better than these guys, lol. These are from my 83 GT.

I looked up these and the last NOS pair went for like $900 or something on eBay. I would never use a NOS part for these.

Comparing mine to the NOS ones. It almost looks like Ford used '2' driver side ones for mine?

These are NOS ones

I was going to buy a hood insulation pad and cut them to fit. I will now try these
    Last edited by 83GTTops; 02-19-2024 at 04:44 PM.

FEP Power Member

Nice. I need these for reassembly.
    Fox Body/3rd Gen MCA Gold Card Judge
    84 SVO 24K miles, 85 Mclaren Capri Vert. 84 GT Turbo Vert.
    88 Mclaren Mustang Vert 20K miles, 89 Mustang LX Sport Vert,
    03 Mach 1 7900 miles, 74 Mustang II, 69 Mustang, 67 Mustang, 07 GT500,
    14 Mustang CS/GT, 15 F150 FTX Tuscany, 16 F250 Crewcab, 67 Tbird 47K miles

Always nice to see more parts for the foxbody cars becoming available.

Sent from my motorola one 5G ace using Tapatalk
    -Currently Searching for "The One"

Looks like NPD has their own version as well. Cheaper too!

https://www.npdlink.com/product/fron...0000%26year%3D

I just noticed, you have to order the Push Pins, separately. They are cheap, $3.95, add them to your cart so you will not have to pay shipping.

M-16071-1K

https://www.npdlink.com/product/moun...0000%26year%3D

Last edited by 83GTTops; 02-26-2024 at 01:45 PM.

Interesting that the NPD ones look like 83GTTops' ones (mirror images of each other... and maybe 2 driver's side ones, like he said), versus the LMR ones having two different shapes (having the extra notch cut along the long straight "inner" edge, and the "outside" edge having a slightly different profile on the lower half (appearing more radius'ed cut, than the straighter cuts on the non-notched piece)).

But based on 83GTTops' actual factory installed parts, having the 2 pieces being the same shape apparently didn't affect their function.

Also, the NPD kit does not include the retaining push pins like the LMR kit does. But that fastener kit is available from NPD. And it's only $4, making their kit a total cost of $22, versus LMR's all-in-one kit's price of $50.

I guessing either kit would work fine, although LMR's is, imo, a little more precise... not that that makes it better though! For something that is: (1) as hidden as these are; (2) are repops, and not NOS anyway; and (3) would work equally well (imo), I can't see much justification for paying more than twice as much for the LMR ones.
    1985 Mustang GT (Mothballed...Desired restomod parts acquired...Top of my project list for my 2024 retirement!)

Quote Originally Posted by 85GTGuy View Post
    Interesting that the NPD ones look like 83GTTops' ones (mirror images of each other... and maybe 2 driver's side ones, like he said), versus the LMR ones having two different shapes (having the extra notch cut along the long straight "inner" edge, and the "outside" edge having a slightly different profile on the lower half (appearing more radius'ed cut, than the straighter cuts on the non-notched piece)).

But based on 83GTTops' actual factory installed parts, having the 2 pieces being the same shape apparently didn't affect their function.

Also, the NPD kit does not include the retaining push pins like the LMR kit does. But that fastener kit is available from NPD. And it's only $4, making their kit a total cost of $22, versus LMR's all-in-one kit's price of $50.

I guessing either kit would work fine, although LMR's is, imo, a little more precise... not that that makes it better though! For something that is: (1) as hidden as these are; (2) are repops, and not NOS anyway; and (3) would work equally well (imo), I can't see much justification for paying more than twice as much for the LMR ones.
    I agree with you! I bought the NPD ones as well. I was thinking the NPD's look just like mine

Great post... I find it interesting that both LMR and NPD both came out with these at the same time. Although slightly different as noted by others.

It has been a while since I have had one of my inner fenders off to actually see them and even notice if they are notched differently on the RH side.

I have an NOS set as well that matches the LMR configuration; D9ZZ-16071-A RH and D9ZZ-16072-A LH

Would have to see the two repo versions in person to decide which material and "shape" more closely matches the original, but as others have said, kinda hard to see them when installed anyway.
    86 SVO 2R Comp Prep
    86 SVO 9L Comp Prep
    86 SVO 7B Comp Prep

FEP Power Member

Ok, now I need to go look at my old ones from my 89. Iirc, the cut out was present and flapping on my old one (89). Often when the same repro part is sold by more than one vendor, the pictures or supplier numbers match up. This is not the case. I wonder if the raw stock material is different. I know the originals were compressed along the edges, I wonder if some spray glue and clamping would replicate this look.
    Fox Body/3rd Gen MCA Gold Card Judge
    84 SVO 24K miles, 85 Mclaren Capri Vert. 84 GT Turbo Vert.
    88 Mclaren Mustang Vert 20K miles, 89 Mustang LX Sport Vert,
    03 Mach 1 7900 miles, 74 Mustang II, 69 Mustang, 67 Mustang, 07 GT500,
    14 Mustang CS/GT, 15 F150 FTX Tuscany, 16 F250 Crewcab, 67 Tbird 47K miles