Close

Default Holley sniper questions

So I’m seriously considering spending the money on a holley sniper for my car but not exactly sure what I need to purchase along with the sniper to make switch or if I need the kit or just the unit itself. Right now I have a oem fuel sending unit(stock tank) running to a electric fuel pump( holley black) then to a aeromotive regulator and into a old holley 600cfm carb. I know you need a return line but can I just run the return to my oem sending unit and utilize the rest of my setup? Just basically buy some 6an braided fuel line for the return and some fittings?
    Mustangs
    84.5 Gt T-top
    85 Gt

You may have to wait on hold, but before i bought my terminator x, i called holley directly with all my questions and they were very helpful.
    79 Zephyr, 4.6L 4v/4r70w swap, with team z front and rear suspension, 8.8 and upgraded brakes and coil overs. Running Holley Terminator X Max.

If I am correct the Holley black fuel pump although 140 GPH it is only rated at 9psi where the Sniper needs 58-60 psi. So you will need a hi pressure pump to feed the Sniper. I still think the in tank pumps with the OEM EFI fuel tank is the best way to go, but your opinion may vary. If your regulator can handle up to 60 psi it can most likely be reused, otherwise you will need one specifically for the higher EFI fuel pressures.

Using 6AN fuel line for the return should be plenty and honestly you may not need to go that large for the return, but it shouldn't cause any issues.
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

Quote Originally Posted by wraithracing View Post
    If I am correct the Holley black fuel pump although 140 GPH it is only rated at 9psi where the Sniper needs 58-60 psi. So you will need a hi pressure pump to feed the Sniper. I still think the in tank pumps with the OEM EFI fuel tank is the best way to go, but your opinion may vary. If your regulator can handle up to 60 psi it can most likely be reused, otherwise you will need one specifically for the higher EFI fuel pressures.

Using 6AN fuel line for the return should be plenty and honestly you may not need to go that large for the return, but it shouldn't cause any issues.
    Just a quick google search shows the Holley black is rated for max 14psi. My regulator only goes to 15psi. So I guess neither of those would work. Looks like I would need to get the kit if I wanted to utilize my setup right now as I believe the kit comes with a external high pressure pump. If not I would have to buy a new tank and pump. Do you need to run a regulator for the sniper?
    Mustangs
    84.5 Gt T-top
    85 Gt

Quote Originally Posted by massacre View Post
    You may have to wait on hold, but before i bought my terminator x, i called holley directly with all my questions and they were very helpful.
    Thanks, I will do that
    Mustangs
    84.5 Gt T-top
    85 Gt