Close

Thread: Fuel tank?

turtle_72

Default Fuel tank?

What size gas tank is on my 82 Mercury Capri?

about 15 gal.

15.4 gallons exact.
    86 Mercury Capri GS 2.3L
    11 Ford Ranger XL 2.3L
    10 Ford Focus SE 2.0L

19 Years of Foureyedpride.com

Was the four banger a 10 gallon? The tank in my 83 Mustang only holds 10 gallons but I think it was replaced and I think they installed the wrong tank. I know it only hold 10 gallons because I ran out of gas with a 1/4 tank on the guage and when I filled it I put in 10 gallons.

ok, after some research here is what i have--- the 79 and 80 2.3l non-turbo engine cars had an 11.5 gallon tank. all other 79-81 cars had 12.5 gallon tanks. 1982 and after all mustangs and capris had 15.4 gallon tanks.
    86 Mercury Capri GS 2.3L
    11 Ford Ranger XL 2.3L
    10 Ford Focus SE 2.0L

Ok well maybe I've got a tank out of one of those 2.3L cars. There is a big dent in the botttom of the tank and some gas pump are more sensative than others so the 10 gallon sounds like the 11.5 tank of the 2.3l cars. I guess eventually I'll need to replace the tank but it looks like it fits perfectly so I don't know where the other 3.9 gallons would go

Anonymous

I know what your talking about, i ran out of gas right when there was a huge thunderstorm occuring in the middle of nowhere. Not Fun, not fun at all. Had to walk at least a mile in that ****.

Gas gauge said i still had 1/4 tank...bs.

I looked at the tank recently and it has a dent about 6-7" across in the middle..no wonder it reads wrong.

i have more the opposite problem with my car. it usually says LESS than what i actually have. itll say a quater tank and ill still have about a third of a tank left.
    86 Mercury Capri GS 2.3L
    11 Ford Ranger XL 2.3L
    10 Ford Focus SE 2.0L

Well at least you don't wind up walkin'