Close

Default Hello, looking for my dream car.

Hello my name is Dave Sanchez and I live in Kansas City. I fell in love with 4 eyed mustangs when in my Junior year of high school I saw a tv commercial for the Dominator GT. I was hooked. I got my first burgundy 82 the summer after I graduated from high school in 1986. I had it until our second son was born in 1993, I was forced to trade it in on a more economical family car. I got me second silver 82 about 8 years later and had that one for about five years before I had to get rid of it and again get a more economical daily driver.

I have been telling myself ever since, I will have another one again one day. Well here it is 20 years later and I am finally in the position to get another one. I am looking for an 82 manual transmission with T-Tops primarily but would settle for a 79-86 with T-Tops.

I am hoping by joining, I will be able to find what I am looking for.

Thank you,
    Dave

Hi Dave. I too am the class of '86. Good luck in your search! Sucks that you had to left the previous ones go, but life happens.
    '85GT Bright Atlantic Blue
    '92LX Bimini Blue-sold
    '93 COBRA Teal Metallic-sold
    '86SVO Oxford White-sold
    '86GT 'Vert True Blue-sold
    '81'GT' Medium Red-sold

Welcome to the forum! It's debatable, but the 82gt t-top may be my favorite fox model. Pace-car style front air dam, forward facing hood scoop, 3 piece rear spoiler, and t-tops? C'mon, man! The bad news is that so many t-tops ended up in the scrap yard due to rust issues. Back in the 80's & 90's, it seemed like t-top foxes were everywhere. That makes them pretty hard to find, these days. Not impossible though. I still don't think these early foxes have reached their potential as far as collectible. They were overshadowed by the later 87-93 aero cars. The 79-86's just had way more character. Stick around here long enough, and your car will pop up for a fair price!
    79 Pace Car - 331, t5
    79 Pace Car- 302, 4 spd
    79 Cobra - working on 351w, t5
    82 Capri- working on 302, t5
    82gt - working on 408w, c4

Welcome to the site Dave! Another Class of '86 member here. When I started to look for another Capri to replace the one I foolishly left go in the early 90's, this is the first place I came to look and I found the car that I own now. I hope you find the car you are looking for. I'm sure you will.

86er here, too. I also had an 86 GT for nine years back when.
    84 Capri RS Turbo
    Vinemont, AL (formerly El Mirage, AZ)
    USAF 1986-2007 (Ret)

Quote Originally Posted by Broncojunkie View Post
    Welcome to the forum! It's debatable, but the 82gt t-top may be my favorite fox model. Pace-car style front air dam, forward facing hood scoop, 3 piece rear spoiler, and t-tops? C'mon, man! The bad news is that so many t-tops ended up in the scrap yard due to rust issues. Back in the 80's & 90's, it seemed like t-top foxes were everywhere. That makes them pretty hard to find, these days. Not impossible though. I still don't think these early foxes have reached their potential as far as collectible. They were overshadowed by the later 87-93 aero cars. The 79-86's just had way more character. Stick around here long enough, and your car will pop up for a fair price!
    I agree with all of this. The aero cars were too generic and plain. I've had an 84 Tbird 5.0, 86 GT, 89 LX, and currently an 84 Capri RST with t tops.
    84 Capri RS Turbo
    Vinemont, AL (formerly El Mirage, AZ)
    USAF 1986-2007 (Ret)

FEP Member

Welcome and there are a few on FB Marketplace.

My bucket of bolts:

Name:  15d.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  579.4 KB
    Name:  15e.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  535.4 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

FEP Super Member Bryan Knebworth's Avatar

We should make it mandatory that anybody using Four Eyed Pride has to do an introduction, and have at least 3 posts. 1-post always makes me suspicious!
    Last edited by Bryan Knebworth; 10-03-2022 at 05:22 PM. Reason: text added

Class of '84 here...had a medium red '82 GT in high school, think I bought it in early '83. Kept that car until around '89 after numerous modifications. I've tried to find the car throughout the years but only have the license plate number. It would be fairly easy for me to identify if I was able to appear to find it...lots of fun times in that car...

Name:  82 Stang side race.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  40.7 KB
    HAD
    '82 GT monochromatic (red)...black cloth

HAVE
    '85 GT vert two tone (white on charcoal)...white leather
    '00 F350 two tone (white on silver)...gray cloth
    '00 Excursion Limited two tone (white on tan)...tan leather...wifes ride
    '08 Taurus Limited ice blue...tan leather...daughter ride
    '08 Edge Limited white sand tri-coat metallic...tan leather...other daughters ride

FEP User

Dave welcome to FEP . For me i like a hard top full roof , no T top , no sun roof , less to go wrong , leaks , rust etc , and car should be stronger with a full roof , less chance of the body twisting ! Good luck on your search .

New User

Hey, welcome to the group!