Close

Default Mustang85 Restoration

Just in the process of stripping down my engine and sending block and heads to the engineers to recondition the cylinder heads and check out the cylinder bores in the block, Will be replacing internal parts pistons, all bearings, timing chain and gears oil pump plus drive new camshaft / lifters plus new timing cover as previous owner never used Radiator inhibitor housing corroded. There are a couple of things that I will need help with is with the camshaft what can I use I know from other posts that it can only be a mild upgrade. The engine is a 5.0 CFI and i wish to keep it that way it has the shorty headers single fuel pump in tank, but want to up the power output without upsetting the engine idle etc.
    The other one is if anyone has a Mustang GT HO CFI AOD built with California Emissions and they still have the Engine Code calibration decal still attached to the rocker cover or sump if they could post a picture. I have included a picture of my Marti Report and the Buck Tag if anyone could help with the above information. Also I have a list of possible codes shared from a previous post to me from xctasy
    5.0L/AOD YK340AA (CA emissions)
    5.0L/AOD YK340BB (CA emissions)
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by xanadu23; 04-19-2022 at 03:03 AM.

The actual emissions calibration number was indicated on the build sheet. The build sheet called out which engine was to be installed.

Here is one from an 85 5.0L/T-5 with CA emissions.

Name:  20200703_063746.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  24.6 KB
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Thankyou for that Fox Chassis at least it tells me that initial numbers are correct just have to confirm the numbers for the AOD side, unfortunately I didn't find the build sheet under the carpet which were all original undisturbed. Hope fully some one can follow up with a picture of engine decal for one with AOD.
    Last edited by xanadu23; 04-19-2022 at 11:10 PM. Reason: include extra wording

Under the front carpet is one of many locations that the build sheet could be found. It may not be in the car at all but if it is, it could be:
    inside kick panel
    inside front seat rail
    under rear seat
    behind rear interior quarter trim
    under rear carpet
    under spare tire
    on top of fuel tank
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

The car was stripped down to the bare shell so all the interior and exterior Parts of the car were removed, the only thing that hasn't been removed were the seat trims which I believe some Build sheets have been found under the trims which I will check in the morning. So hopefully someone has a 1985 mustang 5.0 CFI AOD CA emissions hatchback with more information on the engine Decal