Close

Default New Member, Collecting parts for future build.

Greetings,

Figured I'd finally post something to get my account started. I'm in the works to pick up an '86 LTD w/3.8l V6 with some 60k miles on it as soon as the new title arrives. It's currently owned by an older couple that has been keeping the wife's mother's car after she passed away 8 years ago parked in the yard.

While I'm waiting for that I found a '95 Mustang convertible to use as a parts car and swap over the T5 manual transmission, spindles, clutch pedals, brakes, & the axle. If all goes well I'll have it in the driveway tomorrow. Would have loved to find a full donor vehicle with the engine but the price was too good to pass up.

I'll open up a build thread to document the progress once I get the LTD in the driveway. My main focus is to build it as family hauler/occasional autocross vehicle. Going to try to keep it as a budget build, but some things like suspension can't be skimped on so Maximum Motorsport & Steeda products will be used.

It's been a pleasure to read all the info on the site for the past couple weeks, and I look forward to add more content for future owners.

Welcome. Good call on investing in the suspension things now. I didn't and regretted it years later when I had to pay someone to rebuild the rear suspension. A few $100 back when the car was apart would have saved me years of aggravation and no traction.
    I'm an FEP Paid Supporter and proud of it. Are you?

1984 Capri Turbo RS - Alive after 7 years! Build Thread
    2018 Mustang GT - daily driver

Yea, this project will be done as cheap as possible. With everything inflated, that means I'll just have to stay glued to the local classifieds to find the best deals.

I'm amazed though that there isn't any aftermarket support for '94-95 spindles like there is for other vehicles like the Mustang II suspension parts. For as many fox body Mustangs wanting to swap over to 5 lug's the junkyards are starting to dry up & commanding premium prices.

A little update on this intro thread, once I get the car in my position I will start an official build thread to chart it's progress.

I didn't get the chance to pick up the donor car due to the seller ghosting me. But I was able to pick up a '67 289 engine to use in the LTD. Going to tear it down sometime this week & try to locate a machine shop that can clean it up & inspect it properly. Didn't plan on an engine swap first, but the price was good & I figured I can still use the auto for awhile till I get the parts for a manual swap. I've got a Barry Grant Road Demon 525cfm carburetor collecting dust that can finally be put to use.

Finally picked up a parts car, but in the process I ruptured my left Achilles tendon. Had a hell of a time unloading the car by myself.

New User

Welcom!