Close

Default Rejoining the Fox Body Club, Hopefully

Good morning all. I am going to look at 1983 GLX Red/Red in hopes of joining the four eyed pony club, again.

My fist car was a 1979 hatch with an I6, that was in 1985. After a few years and at the urging of my buddies, pulled the I6 and replaced it with a 302 that I built myself. That was a fun car. It wasn't perfect. I was a kid in college and everything was done on a tight budget. But it was fast. unfortunately, life got in the way and I eventually needed more reasonable transportation. I traded it in for a 1987 tempo of all things.

My wife's first car was an '83 GLX. It was red with white leather and a white top. An absolutely beautiful car. After a few years the transmission started to slip and her dad traded it in on a new '88 LX with an I4. after we were married, we traded the '88 for a '91 LX 5.0. we drove that one one until around 2000 when were starting a family and needed room for car seats, etc. That was our last Mustang.

For many years we have talked about getting another '83 GLX, my wife really loved that car. I wanted a 5.0 version but she insisted on trying to duplicate hers, which had the V6. That is a compromise that I am willing to make. I recently found a listing for an '83 GLX that is red with red interior with a white top. The car is unmolested with most of it's original parts. I am going to look at it this Saturday. If I purchase it, I plan to install new white leather interior and 2-tone white and red door panels. It likely won't be exactly the same as my wife's '83 but it will be close. I will post pictures if everything work out.

Good luck Saturday.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn CPH2219 met Tapatalk

A tempo? Man the things we do for gas!

But it was a sport model of the Tempo, with a wing on the back. I really miss the ‘79. I learned a lot working on that car.

Well, unfortunately, the pics made the car car look better than it really was. The guy was selling it for his son, who had bought it after sitting for 8 years. His son then sideswiped something putting a dent in the left rear fender. He also cut holes for speakers in the door panels and cut a hole in the dash for an aftermarket stereo. While it looked ok from a distance, it really needed one of just about everything. In the end, we couldn’t make a deal. I am going to keep looking. The right car is out there.

Sorry to hear that, the right one will come calling to you eventually. Good luck with the future search..

New User

welcome