Close

Default Potential new 'scammer' cruising WTB forum.

Just a heads up,
    I just recently placed a post on the 'Want To Buy' forum for an 82 Capri License Plate Bracket,
    and a user with name ' mikealii93 ' never responded in the post, but sent me just a PM with the following:

hello i do have the 82 Capri Front License Plate Bracket at a good price pls mail me at marcuschupo1313 at aol dot com thanks

This response sounds a bit generic, and its odd they don't want to correspond via the forum PM (already raising flags here). Not wanting to prejudge this, I did email them back asking for price, pictures and shipping cost to my zipcode. I got back emails saying 'good morning' only, and others with the same jibberish, and BS. so I stopped responding, but they still sending me emails trying to make small talk.

Likewise they are new to the forum and have no posts.

So wanted to report that here, in case others experience the same thing with this FEP user, and maybe one of the moderators can look further into this.

Yes, it is a scammer, I had the same experience with mikealii93.
    He responded to me that he had the valve cover bolts I was looking for, I emailed him and then got some strange reply.
    I suspected he was some kind of scammer, and so I did not respond to him anymore.
    1983 Mustang GT 5.0L, TRX Pkg, T-Tops, 4 Spd, Polar White, Medium Red Interior, Built 11/22/82, 15,400 original miles, with the original 38 yr old Michelins still on it. Added LMR 17" mesh wheels w/Nitto NT555’s.

FEP Senior Member

Scammer Trolls hitting up the want ads. This is going on at a lot of the sites. If the guy sends an email or text number, it's a scam.
    Bleed Ford Blue! '84 Grabber Orange SVO, '88 Saleen 1 of 4 w/Automatic, '89 Steeda, '71 DeTomaso Pantera GT5 Wide Body EFI 4.6 DOHC...soon to be a Gen3 Coyote and some Old Ford Muscle w/ BB power. 1.21 Jigawatts!!?? PETRO EXPRESS=CITGO=BOYCOTT!
    State of Illinois - Taxation without Representation!