Close

Default Connector 204 identification issues

1983 GLX convertible, 3.8L original engine (now a BB460)
    The car runs fine, no real issues. What I was trying to do, was get the in dash water temp and oil pressure gauges to work
    I have installed mechanical gauges, Attachment 136933independent oil pressure, voltmeter, and water temp gauges
    I believe that I have identified connector 204, which contains the R/W and W/R wires for the water temp (circuit 39) and the oil switch (circuit 31) Also in connector 204, is a Y/R wire, that I believe is for the cooling fan trigger. I could not find that circuit on any of the wiring diagrams, or the identification of the single wire connector at the end of the yellow/red wire. I did ground out the Y/R wire, and I did hear either a relay click under the dash (or a re-settable breaker). I think that the clicking I heard was in the fan control module. Any way, none of this is what I am after. On the female side of the connector, the R/W, W/R wires are connected to a loop of wire,
    This is the info that I am after. Why the big loop from circuit 31, right back to circuit 39?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Default The other side of connector 204

The other side of connector 204
    101" of black wire in a loop, going nowhere
    Any idea of what this is for?
    This wire forms a loop, with the R/W and W/R, which, according to the wiring diagram, is for the oil pressure and water temperature circuits
    I think the only other wire is Y/R, which may control the cooling fan
    Attached Images Attached Images