Close

Default SVO Wheels, SN95 Spindles

I have a few SVOs so I've been collecting parts for years. I also have a couple of GT turbos. I want to do a 5 lug conversion on my 84 and then use one of my spare sets of SVO wheels. While I can find many threads on people swapping to SN95 LCA and spindles because of the ball joint situation, everyone thread I find they replaced the wheels. Will the SVO wheels work with the SN95 spindles/hubs?

steve

FEP Senior Member Patrick Olsen's Avatar

I can't think of any reason why they would not work. I think the more limiting case is running other wheels on SVO rotors (because of the bearing snout and big dust cap), but running SVO wheels on SN95 spindles/rotors wouldn't pose any problems that I can think of.
    '89 GT convertible - not a four-eye
    '82 Zephyr Z7 - future track car

The SVO wheels have a pretty big offset on them.

It's been a minute, but I don't think the SN-95 LCAs are as long as the Lincoln/SVO ones. I know the SVO axles are 1-1/2" longer (3" overall) than the std Fox stuff and another 1/2" longer (1" overall) than the 94-98 SN-95 axles. (These are all units using the same "narrow" axle housing used in the Fox Mustangs.)

You may find the SVO wheels tucked in a bit more with the SN-95 stuff on your car. (vs how they would be on SVO parts)
    Last edited by Chuck W; 03-16-2022 at 02:50 PM.
    83 TC "Clone"
    85 Marquis LTS
    86 LTD Wagon

FEP Senior Member

Check with ZephyrEFI. He has SVO wheels on his Fairmont. I believe he is running SN95 Cobra brakes.
    '89 XR-7 5 Speed
    '95 SC 5 Speed
    '91 Crown Vic P72 351W
    '97 Thunderbird
    '85 Ford LTD Squire

I run SN95 LCA's with S197 Mustang wheels (45mm offset), fits great. Gained a lot of clearance, turning radius is also much better.
    Jeremiah

1986 Mustang GT 5spd, 3.27's
    PimpXS ECU/Android Single DIN Touchscreen
    SN95 Cobra Brakes/SN95 Front LCA's/Axles/S197 Wheels
    1998 Explorer Engine/Stock HO Cam 281rwhp/326rwtq