Close

Smile Creating a monster

Howdy all,

New/first time fox body owner here. I picked up an 84 GLX vert in July that is all consuming of my time and money. She was shipped from Georgia to Northwest Indiana with 112k~ on her but barely any rust other than the bottom of the passenger door.

What was supposed to be a quick fixer upper as a summer, ice cream getter has become the project of all projects. Everything is getting replaced. She's been gutted, she's being repainted kona blue with a white graphic on the hood, matching white top brand new interior from LMR, 6 speaker sound system with touchscreen Apple CarPlay and I'm ripping out the engine and trans and putting a 5.0 from an 88 GT.

In addition, I'm swapping the front bumper cover to an 86 LX and the doors to the ones off my 88 donor car to gain access to power mirrors and speakers up front. The back speakers and panels are pulled from an 85 vert. I'm also temped to throw a set of 16" TRX repos on it.

So, like I said, I'm creating a monster.

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  617.7 KBName:  2.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  600.3 KBName:  3.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  668.9 KBName:  4.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  460.7 KB

Hi welcome congrads on a solid very fine looking car and plans.
    Mix and match. Its like custom ordering or rebuilding a old car all over again.
    Better than plus less cost of new, with classic built in.
    Big job. Overall less complicated to work on. Enjoy the experience.

Nice project!! Great color and I really like the hood color detail. Good job!
    1986 ACS McLaren Capri
    1971 Mustang
    1968 F100

Welcome to FEP... Yeah, sounds like a monster. Love the hood, have not seen that design before. Good luck and have fun with it.

Need more pics of "after"
    86 Capri, 5.0, 5Spd, A9L QH/BE, 47 lb Inj PMAS 3" MAF, Single T44 Turbo, Front Mount IC, TW170,
    Stock Cam, Explr Intake/TB, 1.7 Rockers, CF dual friction clutch, 3" DP, 2.5" full Exh, 3.27, 11.932 @ 115.78
    84 LTD, 331-10:1, TW170/Exprl Intake, 47 lbs inj/80 mm LMAF, Full Duals, Quarterhorse, Vortech 7PSI, Lentech AOD, 5 lug Mk VII brakes/rear, Eibach Sway bars, Cobra HB (dads ride, but I fix it )

New User

Nice!!