Close

Default Bluetooth sound system in my 84 hatchback

I’ve been looking into options for my sound system in my car. Seeing as I don’t want to remove my stock stereo and cut a perfectly good dash to add a new head unit I’ve been doing some research into a strictly Bluetooth setup. Seems to be some good options now a days. What I’m looking at doing is getting a decent 5channel amp to power 4 speakers (2 fronts and 2 rears) as well as a 10 inch sub. Run all new speaker wire thus bypassing stock system. Then I would add a Bluetooth adapter to the amp with a controller so I can change tracks adjust volume etc. One controller I’m looking at is the Memphis audio mxabtrx. https://www.memphiscaraudio.com/product-page/mxabtrx seems to be decent and has some good reviews. Anybody running just Bluetooth with no head unit? What’s you setup?
    Mustangs
    84.5 Gt T-top
    85 Gt

I'm running a KAC-M1824BT under the passenger seat, with the 4 speakers wired directly to it. The small remote is under the emergency brake, but really I used my iphone and watch. With decent speakers it puts out plenty of sound.
    I'm an FEP Paid Supporter and proud of it. Are you?

1984 Capri Turbo RS - Alive after 7 years! Build Thread
    2018 Mustang GT - daily driver

Quote Originally Posted by ccurtin View Post
    I'm running a KAC-M1824BT under the passenger seat, with the 4 speakers wired directly to it. The small remote is under the emergency brake, but really I used my iphone and watch. With decent speakers it puts out plenty of sound.
    Thanks, ya I was also looking at that option. They are tough to find now as that model has been discontinued. The have a new one coming out (KAC- M5024BT) but with the way things are going who knows when I will be able to get my hands on one
    Mustangs
    84.5 Gt T-top
    85 Gt