Close

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Restored the aluminum brake drums I bought, now I need to decide if they are wall hangers or going on the car.

Name:  drum compare.JPG
Views: 233
Size:  78.0 KB

When I bought my car in 2019, the drivers door glass guide bushings were broken in my drivers door. I replaced the bushings a couple weeks later but the glass never rolled up straight, would bind and dip down at the front, also had a wind noise at the a-post. So I decided to tackle adjusting the glass and pulled the door panel back off this past week.

We all know how big of a pain it is getting a t-top car windows to operate and fit right!

I went ahead and replaced the front door glass run channel weatherstrip , cleaned all the old thick grease out of the regulator track and regressed it, and spent two nights adjusting and readjusting the glass until I finally got it right. It rolls up level with out binding and is smooth, and it fits into the gaskets like it’s supposed to with the door shut.
    1983 Mustang GT 5.0L, TRX Pkg, T-Tops, 4 Spd, Polar White, Medium Red Interior, Built 11/22/82, 15,400 original miles, with the original 38 yr old Michelins still on it. Added LMR 17" mesh wheels w/Nitto NT555’s.

Photos taken last year for the Thunderbirds of Queensland Club Calender for 2022
    Name:  20210918_084002 (4).jpg
Views: 205
Size:  207.2 KB
    4 eyes from Brisbane Australia,
    left to right - 85 T Bird, 84 T Bird, 86 Mustang & 84 Cougar.

Picked up a Maximum Motorsports K member for my 79 Pace Car that is about to get a heart transplant with my new 347 SBF. Picked it up in Salt Lake City from a guy that installed it, but never finished his project car and is selling off all the parts, so brand new at 1/2 price! Gotta Love that!
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

Drove my car for the first time since November today. Not that it takes much to get it out of winter storage. Unhook the battery tender and check the tire pressures, that's about it. The first ride of a year always reminds me of how much I enjoy rowing the gears. She was running a little rough the first couple miles but smoothed out once warmed up.
    408/T5/3.73's

We're not fast racers, we're more what's known as half fast racers.

Fought with my 85 trying to get it to fire on 1/4. No dice - either the duraspark distributor or the ignition module box or the coil is messed up. Not sure what

Came down with Covid on 1/5. I’ve been battling it pretty much nonstop since. Very few days I’ve been able to breath well enough to get around. I finally had a decent day again recently

tomorrow I’m going through test procedures on my distributor and coil. I’ll build a harness for trying an HEI module in place of the duraspark box also

I may use the ol hidden module inside the box trick if it light off with an HEI. Tired of fighting with it for sure

the list of things needed for the 85 gets shorter slowly but it needs to hurry up. I’m on enough medicines to choke a horse and this might be as good as I get. I’m going to drive the car while I still have a chance - I almost never had one
    Last edited by erratic50; 03-18-2022 at 09:44 PM.

Long Covid sucks btw — that’s what gets most people it takes

Replaced the drivers side window guide bushings. One was cracked so it was time.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy 83.5 View Post
    Replaced the drivers side window guide bushings. One was cracked so it was time.
    How was doing that? Need to do mine but have been putting it off because it seems to be a pain in the ass lol
    Mustangs
    84.5 Gt T-top
    85 Gt

Windshield washer was not spraying since fall.
    At first suspected frozen fluid or debris. Air back flush inc. Bubbles observed in fluid tank.
    Disconnected hose at firewall splice. Pump flow was normal engine side of cowl, very weak inside cowl side at sprayer.
    Closer inspection revealed hose was almost totally pinched off at firewall hole. It did let air thru enough to bubble fluid in tank.
    Was pinched under the strut tower brace firewall bracket.
    Rerouted hose to another firewall cowl hole ok

When i did engine work, removed the strut tower bar for more engine access.
    Did not rebolt it to cowl until sure engine repair was ok. Then forgot to finish the jpb.
    Temp left it in a lower position to add longer cowl bolts later for easier remove/install without removing cowl grill.
    Was low enough to hide and pinch the hose.

Also noted FL1-A filter now has different flutes on the end of it for a cup style filter removal tool
    Filter cup wont fit the new filter version that has an id sticker on it, instead of the large id printings on the filter can.
    Last edited by gr79; 03-19-2022 at 09:47 PM.

Installed a new cigarette lighter and ran some led lighting. Was not really any good spot to put them under dash so I just stuck them to the lower front part of the seats. Looks alright although it is brighter than I’d like even at lowest brightness settting.
    Mustangs
    84.5 Gt T-top
    85 Gt

maybe something like an overlay of red lens repair tape would knock the glare down.
    a low level night light glow like in a room or hall or from an ir heat lamp.

Quote Originally Posted by Sask84gt View Post
    How was doing that? Need to do mine but have been putting it off because it seems to be a pain in the ass lol
    Honestly it wasn’t that bad of a job. Took my time removing the door panel using a nice new panel clip tool. Then delicately removed the door panel and barrier paper. Marked the original bolt and screw locations before taking the guide bar loose. Since I have manual windows and door locks, I had enough room to maneuver the bar out of the door using the access hole rather than trying to pry it out through the window channel at the top of the door. Once the bar was out it was straight forward replacing the bushings, cleaning and regreasing everything, then wiggling the bar assembly back into place. Took maybe an hour going slow and being very patient.

Took the Ford radio apart because of bad connection to the antenna wire connector.
    Quite an ordeal, those mechanical buttons with springs popping out when you don't want it. As always had to take the entire thing apart to see what caused the problem. The port in the back wall of the radio for the antenna points almost completely above the contact plates for the pin of the connector on the cable. Barely making contact.
    Put a big screw driver in the port and bent it in the required direction.
    Then a couple of hours to reassemble and recreate the pointer of the scale that broke in three pieces.
    You need to know the right sequence to get it back together. Trail and error.
    Used paper clips temporary to keep the buttons in position during reassembly.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn CPH2219 met Tapatalk

Last month when I drove the car to cars and coffee, it seemed like it did not roll real free when coasting to a stop light. I forgot to check the brakes when I got home that day. I thought about yesterday and jacked it to see if the brakes were free, left front caliper is sticking, I could barely turn the wheel by hand.
    Finding calipers for an 83 GT that was built 11/82 is not an easy task. LMR says not available, RockAuto only listed one side, CJ Pony did not list it, NPD only listed the Cardone brand which I did not want. Finally found them at Autozone, they had to order them but will have them in 2 days.
    I have a friend with a 90 LX 5.0 that is planning on changing over to SN95 spindles and brakes this summer. I’m going to see if I can get his 90 spindles, rotors and calipers, might switch over to the 11” brakes down the road.
    1983 Mustang GT 5.0L, TRX Pkg, T-Tops, 4 Spd, Polar White, Medium Red Interior, Built 11/22/82, 15,400 original miles, with the original 38 yr old Michelins still on it. Added LMR 17" mesh wheels w/Nitto NT555’s.

Same caliper as 87-93 LX 4 cyl works

Changed the rear shocks, got rid of those rough riding KYB Gas-A-Justs and put in Koni Special D's.
    Now if it was only warm enough to get it out for a test run...

2 more weeks til i can do anything to my Fox lol
    79 Zephyr, 4.6L 4v/4r70w swap, with team z front and rear suspension, 8.8 and upgraded brakes and coil overs. Running Holley Terminator X Max.

Quote Originally Posted by 0F0 CBR View Post
    Changed the rear shocks, got rid of those rough riding KYB Gas-A-Justs and put in Koni Special D's.
    Now if it was only warm enough to get it out for a test run...
    I tried KYB Gas-A-Just on the rear before and they rode like a school bus, the rear ride height went up about 3/8 of a inch with those shocks. I think those shocks should be called “over-charged gas shocks”.

Quote Originally Posted by erratic50 View Post
    Same caliper as 87-93 LX 4 cyl works
    Mine was built 11/82, everything list 83’s as - to11/82 & from 12/82. So I was not sure if the 83-93 4cyl caliper would definently work on mine.

Gas a justs are better for heavier cars. I ran Konis on my S197 and was very happy with them
    79 Zephyr, 4.6L 4v/4r70w swap, with team z front and rear suspension, 8.8 and upgraded brakes and coil overs. Running Holley Terminator X Max.

FEP Senior Member

Starting to get itching to see my car done. Guy has a couple jobs he is doing and he is set prime it soon.

Might be getting 2 xr4tis and a bunch of spare parts and cash for my Crown Vic. I am so tempted, there are two cars and 2-3 engines/trans body parts and etc.
    1985 Mustang Canadian Cobra
    It ain't Pretty but it doesn't care

Opened up the trailer and winched the Cobra out and started it and then the 86. It's been a very cold winter and the cars survived with no apparent issues.

South Eastern Pa. Bringing up the rear of The rat race...

I ordered a box of parts from LMR. Mostly interior plastic stuff for my 86 Vert. It was 350 bucks...I think prices are going up.

I pulled and repainted my plastic cowl cover a flat black. It was a mix of black and car color (red) prior. Lots better.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    Last edited by richpet; 03-23-2022 at 09:33 PM.
    83 5.0 GT. Quicker than it looks! 10:1 (or just over) 306, Motorsport a332 cam, 140A alt, t5 conv, 8.8 w/ 3.27's, Edel rpm, alum rad, very worked e7's, Holley SA carb, etc... SOLD IT!!!!

Now an 1981 Granada! .040 over 302, Edel E-street heads... Currently building a 347 because, why not?

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast