Close

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Tried to load pics, but too much data. If you want to see send your phone # and I can text them.
    The front is great. At the rear there is only about 4" of weldable because of the longer wheelbase. But I think that's enough. If not, I can add plates and/or a 'C' shaped piece later at the rear.
    The seat bolt holes lined up great!

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    Last edited by richpet; 10-24-2022 at 06:35 PM.
    83 5.0 GT. Quicker than it looks! 10:1 (or just over) 306, Motorsport a332 cam, 140A alt, t5 conv, 8.8 w/ 3.27's, Edel rpm, alum rad, very worked e7's, Holley SA carb, etc... SOLD IT!!!!

Now an 1981 Granada! .040 over 302, Edel E-street heads... Currently building a 347 because, why not?

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

Nothing super important but I fixed some of my gremlins with the speedometer and gauge bulbs and I put LED lights in the tails since old ones burnt out. I also did a thorough wash of the car and tried some of my dad's trim restoration stuff he bought. Works like a charm and my headlight buckets look like brand new! I know its a Band-Aid to painting the things but I don't care to go through the trouble yet and this lasts a solid week or 2 so I wash the car before it wears off.

In case you guys want to buy it: https://www.carguysdetail.com/products/plastic-restorer

Quote Originally Posted by richpet View Post
    Tried to load pics, but too much data. If you want to see send your phone # and I can text them.
    The front is great. At the rear there is only about 4" of weldable because of the longer wheelbase. But I think that's enough. If not, I can add plates and/or a 'C' shaped piece later at the rear.
    The seat bolt holes lined up great!

Thanks for the info. I might just call Stifflers and ask if they can make me a set slightly longer and i can cut to fit. I also need to measure my frame rails and see what the actual measurement is.
    79 Zephyr, 4.6L 4v/4r70w swap, with team z front and rear suspension, 8.8 and upgraded brakes and coil overs. Running Holley Terminator X Max.

Quote Originally Posted by Fast_4_Eye View Post
    Nothing super important but I fixed some of my gremlins with the speedometer and gauge bulbs and I put LED lights in the tails since old ones burnt out. I also did a thorough wash of the car and tried some of my dad's trim restoration stuff he bought. Works like a charm and my headlight buckets look like brand new! I know its a Band-Aid to painting the things but I don't care to go through the trouble yet and this lasts a solid week or 2 so I wash the car before it wears off.

In case you guys want to buy it: https://www.carguysdetail.com/products/plastic-restorer
    Thanks for that, i ordered some.
    79 Zephyr, 4.6L 4v/4r70w swap, with team z front and rear suspension, 8.8 and upgraded brakes and coil overs. Running Holley Terminator X Max.

Quote Originally Posted by massacre View Post
    Thanks for the info. I might just call Stifflers and ask if they can make me a set slightly longer and i can cut to fit. I also need to measure my frame rails and see what the actual measurement is.
    I was going to buy MM full length, but these were the same size. And in stock at the time I was going to make the purchase.
    As for slightly longer, if they can make them about 4" longer, all at the rear, that would be ideal. At least on my 4-door, and your car(s) sound similar.

Last edited by richpet; 10-25-2022 at 11:53 AM.
    83 5.0 GT. Quicker than it looks! 10:1 (or just over) 306, Motorsport a332 cam, 140A alt, t5 conv, 8.8 w/ 3.27's, Edel rpm, alum rad, very worked e7's, Holley SA carb, etc... SOLD IT!!!!

Now an 1981 Granada! .040 over 302, Edel E-street heads... Currently building a 347 because, why not?

In addition to raking leaves (a Fall tradition in New England), I've spent the last couple of days chasing down electrical problems in my Futura. A few weeks back I had a dead battery, which I recharged, and then it went dead again a few days later. The battery was seven years old, so I got a new one and before putting it in, I put an ohmmeter across the battery cables. It showed zero resistance instead of an open circuit. The engine and wiring are from a '98 Mustang Cobra, and I found at least eight circuits in the engine compartment fuse box that have either low or zero resistance. Major project ahead - take out the wire harness with the engine fuse box and check every single circuit. The car is off the road for fear of fire until I fix it.

FEP Super Member Bryan Knebworth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FuturaGuy View Post
    In addition to raking leaves (a Fall tradition in New England), I've spent the last couple of days chasing down electrical problems in my Futura. A few weeks back I had a dead battery, which I recharged, and then it went dead again a few days later. The battery was seven years old, so I got a new one and before putting it in, I put an ohmmeter across the battery cables. It showed zero resistance instead of an open circuit. The engine and wiring are from a '98 Mustang Cobra, and I found at least eight circuits in the engine compartment fuse box that have either low or zero resistance. Major project ahead - take out the wire harness with the engine fuse box and check every single circuit. The car is off the road for fear of fire until I fix it.
    I still think about this Yellow Coyote from time-to-time--got to be one of the Premier F/Z's out there

FEP Power Member

Working on prep'ing my 89 vert. for a repaint. Mostly the clear coat from a previous repair is peeling off. The repair was more than 15 years ago and before I got the car. It seemed to be a minor. I am Removing all the trim, bumpers, lights and weatherstripping. There was a minor issue with the corners of the front bumper bulging out a little. First glance, looks like the bumper was installed upside down or maybe a GT bumper on an lx. Monday is the scheduled day to drop off at 5he body shop.
    Fox Body/3rd Gen MCA Gold Card Judge
    84 SVO 24K miles, 85 Mclaren Capri Vert. 84 GT Turbo Vert.
    88 Mclaren Mustang Vert 20K miles, 89 Mustang LX Sport Vert,
    03 Mach 1 7900 miles, 74 Mustang II, 69 Mustang, 67 Mustang, 07 GT500,
    14 Mustang CS/GT, 15 F150 FTX Tuscany, 16 F250 Crewcab, 67 Tbird 47K miles

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Knebworth View Post
    I still think about this Yellow Coyote from time-to-time--got to be one of the Premier F/Z's out there
    Thanks, Bryan - I'll take that as a compliment

Quote Originally Posted by FuturaGuy View Post
    Thanks, Bryan - I'll take that as a compliment
    You bet!

Got in one last carwash and drive for the season since it was a nice day. I'm gonna miss this car over the winter.

Name:  IMG_20221029_153001_scaled.jpg
Views: 327
Size:  1.01 MB
    2020 Royal Enfield Continental GT
    2005 Volvo S60 2.5T AWD
    2003 Royal Enfield Bullet 500
    1985 Ford Mustang GT

Washed the car. Been putting it off for a couple of years.
    Since Feb 2020 to be exact. Took it to get smog checked and it failed. Covid hit and I never could find the time to
    have it retested and there were no car shows to take it to so there was no real reason to drive it. I prefer driving the 4-door any how.
    Decided to finally get it smog checked and on the road again. Have been paying the registration for 3 years with out taking it on the road.

Started right up mainly because I started it a few months ago when I switched the battery cables with the
    ones on the 4-door when that one would not start.
    The car sits out uncovered in the sun year round. I washed the car and boy was the paint faded.
    The car was more pink than red and looked horrible. Polished it up and now it looks wonderful again except for the chrome rims and the hopeless trunk lid where the paint is all cracked and coming off.

Now two new problems have come up. The brake pedal goes down almost to the floor. They still stopped the car
    but I was only moving it around on the driveway. And the radiator is leaking. It is right under the lower hose.
    Will take a better look at it another day.
    Here are a couple of the Z-7 partially polished.

Lots of FREE F/Z info on my site.
    http://myzephyrs.com

Finally got around to installing the 8.8 rear that I put together years ago. Just the first of many upgrades to come before next spring when she comes out of hiding haha.

Name:  IMG_8832.jpg
Views: 296
Size:  183.3 KB
    -Randy
    '83 Mustang GL notchback - 351w - T5Z
    '84 Mustang GT350 20th Anniversary Hatch #2808 - 302 - T5
    ''92 Mustang LX Hatch - 2.3t - IRS (in progress)

Yesterday i put the zephyr away for the winter. Climate controlled garage. 50 mile trip, car ran good. Plenty to do in the spring.

Not really to the car itself yet, but I got final word from USAA (guy who rear-ended the Granada in Sept) that they will pay for repairs.
    They initially balked at the labor cost, but only a shop that does restoration will touch it, and they're much more per hour labor wise.
    Now just waiting for the shop to call me with the 'when'.
    Tempted to see how much more it would cost to have the whole car reshot with as close to factory as they can.

picked up my capri from a transmission shop as it needed the correct flywheel (28oz) then drove it home and wow! no shakes runs smooth. I couldnt drive it far as I had to park it then make my run up to vegas for SEMA.... Im in over load for all that I saw there
    2017 Ford Explorer Sport (DD) 1986 Capri 5.0 Silver/Red
    1969 Falcon XW GTHO coupe (SOLD) went to Australia
    Past 4 eyes-
    4th. 1981 Capri "White" Black Magic I6
    3rd. 1984 Capri RS V8 Black/grey
    2nd. 1984 Capri RS V8 White/red
    1st. 1984 SVO Grey/grey (traded it for a worn out 1970 BOSS 302)
    Both '84 Capri's vin# were 10 away from each other
    U.S. NAVY 1980-2009

Finished welding in the subframe connectors. What an ordeal. Ran out of welding gas last night, to make matters worse. Anyway, next is fuel lines and tank, then pulley/water pump/ steering system. Going from v-belt to serpentine and I also need to replace the rack.
    79 Pace Car - 331, t5
    79 Pace Car- 302, 4 spd
    79 Cobra - working on 351w, t5
    82 Capri- working on 302, t5
    82gt - working on 408w, c4

FEP Power Member

Dropped the car off to the shop 9 days ago. Car is in primer and most of the body work is done. Possibly getting paint on Saturday. Stopped by to remove the convertible trim today. Got to remove the door handles next.
    Fox Body/3rd Gen MCA Gold Card Judge
    84 SVO 24K miles, 85 Mclaren Capri Vert. 84 GT Turbo Vert.
    88 Mclaren Mustang Vert 20K miles, 89 Mustang LX Sport Vert,
    03 Mach 1 7900 miles, 74 Mustang II, 69 Mustang, 67 Mustang, 07 GT500,
    14 Mustang CS/GT, 15 F150 FTX Tuscany, 16 F250 Crewcab, 67 Tbird 47K miles

I took a more drastic approach. I started thinking... I'm changing headers/exhaust, transmission, fuel lines, pulley setup/water pump, rack and pinion, radiator, fan, 3g alternator swap and some other things I'm forgetting. So I figured I would just go ahead and yank the old 302 and go through it. I got the engine on a stand today and oil pan, intake, one head, and front accessories off. Coming up with a game plan now.
    79 Pace Car - 331, t5
    79 Pace Car- 302, 4 spd
    79 Cobra - working on 351w, t5
    82 Capri- working on 302, t5
    82gt - working on 408w, c4

Looked at it thinking to myself....."get off your butt and put the car back together".
    1986 SVO 1E (IRS'd and too much $$ spent making it turn, stop, and go)
    http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...esto-Mod-Build

1979 Pace Car #2179 (Gathering parts for GT500 5.8, T56, and t-top swap)
    http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...84#post1944184

FEP Senior Member

Been two years the body guy has it November 17th

He did only start last year but I miss itName:  6904878841.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  94.6 KBName:  6904878511.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  98.9 KB

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
    1985 Mustang Canadian Cobra
    It ain't Pretty but it doesn't care

Prepped for cold weather and ran the Zephyr for 30 minutes. I'll start it up every couple weeks during winter and make plans to fix up things that aren't broken.
    1978 Mercury Zephyr boxtop 5.0 EFI T5Z 8.8
    1999 Ford Contour 2.5 V6 5 speed
    2016 Ford Focus ST 2.0 Ecoboost 6 speed

Happy Holiday to all. Keep safe and enjoy the holiday.

Wild turkeys live around in this area. Big ones. Flocks.
    Was driving 30 mph yesterday, two lane local road.
    One had the idea of crossing the road in front of me but decided not to.
    It gave me the turkey eye to me and gave it one back.

Will be going cross town to visit, party a bit, and eat of course. Watch football.
    55F and dry so the Mustang gets the call.

Update
    Watched no football, movies, or tv after leaving home.
    Car ran fine 60 mile round trip mostly freeway 65 mph light traffic.
    Used to drive that basic route to/from work for many years.
    Misty rain headed home at 11p. 50F is mild and welcome for this time of year around here.
    Had to fix wobbly wiper blade before heading home. The arm clip was coming loose.
    Fixed with mini zip tie. I always carry a few in the car toolbox. Done this before.
    Car radio off most of time to listen for abnormal suspension/body and power/drive train noise. None.
    Last edited by gr79; 11-25-2022 at 01:10 AM.

Started my no-option '83 for the first time in a couple of weeks. Runs like a Swiss watch now

Installed a MM strut tower brace and also a MM k-member brace. Hope I will notice a difference when I drive it in 6 months lol
    Mustangs
    84.5 Gt T-top
    85 Gt

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast