Close

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Default 2022 what did you do to your fox today?

I spent about an hour clearing off the foot of snow that we had over the last day on my outside Foxes awaiting some Love and Attention.

I then spent a couple hours degreasing and media blasting my SN95 Cobra rear calipers to get them ready for some new Red paint before they are installed on my 86 GT Road Racer.

I also spent an hour or so media blasting an Explorer GT40 intake manifold that I am going to put up for sale soon since I am going a different direction with that project.

Happy New Year! Here's to 2022 being a better year for everyone!
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

Finally finished the dual exhaust conversion. Put about 25 miles on it yesterday, first time driving it after putting the duals on it, so today I went back over all the header bolts and h-pipe bolts to make sure everything is still tight.

I ended up buying Flowtech 304 stainless shorty headers, Flowtech h-pipe, Flowmaster stainless catback with the FlowFX mufflers. Bought it all straight from Holley’s website for a helluva deal on Black Friday.

I also swapped out my Steeda tri-ax shifter handle for the stock T5 handle, just did not like the feel of the short tri-ax handle.
    Last edited by 83 4SPD GT; 01-02-2022 at 07:59 PM.
    1983 Mustang GT 5.0L, TRX Pkg, T-Tops, 4 Spd, Polar White, Medium Red Interior, Built 11/22/82, 15,400 original miles, with the original 38 yr old Michelins still on it. Added LMR 17" mesh wheels w/Nitto NT555’s.

I ran the replacement wire and handheld for the FiTech. Then ran the car up to temp for a bit. Sounds good!
    Wish it wasn't going to be so wet this week, may take it to work anyway.

I also removed the mechanical H2O temp gauge. It was slow to respond (nature of the beast) and the last few times I drove it the reading appeared erratic.

That made the underhood a little cleaner. I still need to re-do all the electrical so it looks better.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    Last edited by richpet; 01-03-2022 at 08:51 AM.
    83 5.0 GT. Quicker than it looks! 10:1 (or just over) 306, Motorsport a332 cam, 140A alt, t5 conv, 8.8 w/ 3.27's, Edel rpm, alum rad, very worked e7's, Holley SA carb, etc... SOLD IT!!!!

Now an 1981 Granada! .040 over 302, Edel E-street heads... Currently building a 347 because, why not?

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

Swapped hoods for the non-mangled one from my 85' donor. Did some measuring and found that I'll need to get a tow strap and my F150 to pull my core support straight. Sold my JY 302 and got some AFR heads and another block for $500. Oh, and FoxResto had the 85' 4v engine wiring harness in stock finally so I ordered that.

Finally finished porting the Explorer lower and installed it yesterday along with the new 30lb injectors. Started the car, made a few minor adjustments on accel enrichment to resolve a no-load rev hesitation that near as I can figure was caused by porting the lower.

Later this week will be an upgrade to a 190lph fuel pump....hopefully.
    Jeremiah

1986 Mustang GT 5spd, 3.27's
    PimpXS ECU/Android Single DIN Touchscreen
    SN95 Cobra Brakes/SN95 Front LCA's/Axles/S197 Wheels
    1998 Explorer Engine/Stock HO Cam 281rwhp/326rwtq

Here's a couple pics of the nearly finished ported lower and one to show the fitament issue I've had with each Fel-Pro and now Victor Reinz upper intake gaskets.

Port size was about 1.65x.95 before I started. Ended up at 1.85x1.05 on 6 of the ports and 1.88x1.10 on runners 1 and 5. Hoping that the slightly larger port/more aggressive porting on 1 and 5 will help balance the flow between the ports.
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Jeremiah

1986 Mustang GT 5spd, 3.27's
    PimpXS ECU/Android Single DIN Touchscreen
    SN95 Cobra Brakes/SN95 Front LCA's/Axles/S197 Wheels
    1998 Explorer Engine/Stock HO Cam 281rwhp/326rwtq

Drove it. Got a thumbs up from 2 other drivers on just my drive home.

I wouldn't have posted this but it's been a few days since someone else has. C'mon y'all! Somebody has got to be doing something to their 4-Eye!

83 5.0 GT. Quicker than it looks! 10:1 (or just over) 306, Motorsport a332 cam, 140A alt, t5 conv, 8.8 w/ 3.27's, Edel rpm, alum rad, very worked e7's, Holley SA carb, etc... SOLD IT!!!!

Now an 1981 Granada! .040 over 302, Edel E-street heads... Currently building a 347 because, why not?

The only thing I do lately is make sure the battery tender is still maintaining the charge. It's currently -2 degrees and I stripped all the heater stuff out years ago when I was racing, so I won't be driving it for a few more months.

You asked for an update. This is it!
    408/T5/3.73's

We're not fast racers, we're more what's known as half fast racers.

I suppose a lot of folks have seasonal activities with them, that's cool and expected. I use mine year round, but a lot less in winter.
    A 40 year old heater in a car that doesn't seal tightly... Yup I will take the truck.
    Not to mention my tires are not the greatest in wet/cold.

Default Weather affects car work progress as always

Blue tarp is bungeed over car's greenhouse, wipers and cowl intake, to repel winter weather and debris.

On board 1.5a battery charger is being left connected. Very cold temps last half of Jan here.
    Driven few miles to store when weather permits to scratch out the itch to drive it.
    12v seat warmer cushion helps. Use bottom only, thread back section under seat back gap to rear footwell.
    A black car interior does not really get that cold sitting out on sunny winter days.
    In the least, start/warm up engine every week or so.
    Sit and listen to music, loud if a good song, from the stereo radio.
    1/2 volume ok..most neighbors are inside their house, windows closed.

Minor bench prep on a 2.3 n/a 2v oval port intake manifold from a '77 Pinto wagon 2.3.
    Spring 2022:
    Swap out and stow the current turbo and its oval port 2v manifold for the above manifold because turbo unit is shot.
    N/a manifold has factory drilled Holley 2300 2v bolt pattern and open plenum.
    Is a direct swap to current turbo cyl head, same gasket p/n. Basically N/A and carb turbo manifolds interchange.
    Will be transferring current Holley 2305 to it. Both manifolds have same linkage mounting plate hole location.
    Adapter spacer plates are used to adapt the manifold for a Holley Weber 5200 it had. Will be able to run either model carb easily.
    N/a manifold is lightweight- can lift with little finger.
    2.3 turbo/carb intake manifold weighs much more, even without the turbocharger and w/g installed.

End plate covering the internal water passage has 4 bolt fasteners that came out fine. No go on its threaded hex plugs. They will stay anyway.
    Removed plate and inspected casting's internal water passage below carb. Has some minor scaling to be removed later.
    Removed both of the 2.3 n/a manifold's threaded metal vac trees. Their positions on a carb turbo intake is reversed.
    Cyclo Break-Away soak worked its magic again. Product does not stink like other penetrates.
    Will duplicate turbo vac trees, vac, fuel, routings to reconnect carb, PCV, power brake booster, dist adv, vac gauge, on n/a manifold.
    Prob will run new piece of heater hose from the manifold end plate water outlet fitting to a new 5/8" tee at a heater hose.
    Would replace the fitting with a hex allen plug but it wont budge. Maybe a little heat would coax the thread corrosion/rust.

Planning ahead, detail study of work and sub assy config, making up a custom parts install kit in advance, saves downtime.

Went out and bought 5 gallons of non alcohol gas and put into car, been idling once a week and realized I might not make it to the gas station.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I sent my capri to be tuned and dyno'd new 347 installed and with the cost of the new motor I wanted the pro's to adjust all the settings. it purrs like a kitten and it made 3 pulls at 432hp, 431hp and 434hp so im happy with that (for now)
    2017 Ford Explorer Sport (DD) 1986 Capri 5.0 Silver/Red
    1969 Falcon XW GTHO coupe (SOLD) went to Australia
    Past 4 eyes-
    4th. 1981 Capri "White" Black Magic I6
    3rd. 1984 Capri RS V8 Black/grey
    2nd. 1984 Capri RS V8 White/red
    1st. 1984 SVO Grey/grey (traded it for a worn out 1970 BOSS 302)
    Both '84 Capri's vin# were 10 away from each other
    U.S. NAVY 1980-2009

FEP Senior Member

I've been slowly getting the interior back in my '86 hatchback. New carpets, everything wiped out to remove 30 years of dirt and dust. I cleaned the seats two days ago and they are ready to go back in. On the exterior I have been painting pieces and allowing them to dry overnight before putting them back on the car. A piece at a time...