Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Can you post the video? I am def interested thanks
    79 Zephyr, 4.6L 4v/4r70w swap, with team z front and rear suspension, 8.8 and upgraded brakes and coil overs. Running Holley Terminator X Max.

I cant download the video from facebook messenger for some reason. Whenever I try to save it it says it's not playable or there was some issue. Here are the photos he sent me. If you want to send me your FB info i can send you the video. Maybe you'll be able to upload it here for anyone else interested.

Name:  SF 1.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  483.5 KB
    Name:  SF 2.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  362.6 KB
    Name:  SF 3.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  499.4 KB
    '79 Z7 w/sunroof, first car, 302, 5-speed, 8.8 Rear Disc
    '68 Cougar 302 4v Auto
    '84 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
    '03 F250 V10
    '04 Volkswagen Golf 2.0
    '07 Hyundai Entourage

Thanks so much for the pictures! Really appreciate it.
    I'm not on FB so not even sure how that works.
    Do the subframes come powdercoated red like that, or did you paint them?
    I like the torque boxes and the seat tie in.
    I really wanted to go with Team Z for subframes, but they only make them for Mustangs. They said if i brought the car to them they could do it, but they are in Michigan and i am in Massachusetts.
    Maybe i'll try to call Maritime Mustang and ask them about it.
    Not sure where they are located, but do they speak only French? If so, i have a friend in Mirabel who can translate for me lol.
    Again, thanks for getting back to me on this.
    79 Zephyr, 4.6L 4v/4r70w swap, with team z front and rear suspension, 8.8 and upgraded brakes and coil overs. Running Holley Terminator X Max.

Quote Originally Posted by massacre View Post
    Thanks so much for the pictures! Really appreciate it.
    I'm not on FB so not even sure how that works.
    Do the subframes come powdercoated red like that, or did you paint them?
    I like the torque boxes and the seat tie in.
    I really wanted to go with Team Z for subframes, but they only make them for Mustangs. They said if i brought the car to them they could do it, but they are in Michigan and i am in Massachusetts.
    Maybe i'll try to call Maritime Mustang and ask them about it.
    Not sure where they are located, but do they speak only French? If so, i have a friend in Mirabel who can translate for me lol.
    Again, thanks for getting back to me on this.
    They do not come powdercoated like that, the ones in the video are just raw steel. They appear to slide in and out easily to be whatever length you need though. As I mentioned he also offers a bolt-in torque box kit to double the thickness of your torque boxes.

To be clear, I have not bought and installed these. Michael Savard simply sent me those photos when I inquired about these subframe connectors. I think he just builds them as a side-thing, I don't know if he has an actual shop somewhere. I feel like any decent shop that deals with classics and modifications could take a set of full-length subframe connectors and modify them to work on your car. It's on my list of things to do too, but I would so much prefer a set that will just fit right and I can weld them in.
    Last edited by mercuryzephyrz7; 08-24-2022 at 09:30 AM.
    '68 Cougar 302 4v Auto
    '84 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
    '03 F250 V10
    '04 Volkswagen Golf 2.0
    '07 Hyundai Entourage

Awesome, thanks for the info!

I couldn't get the video to load, but I saved a couple frames to hopefully show how they adjust in and out. Looks pretty simple. There is a larger section of square tubing welded on and then the back end slides in and out from there.
    Name:  screen-20220826-072422_exported_108 1.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  104.0 KB
    Name:  screen-20220826-072422_exported_576 1.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  110.2 KB
    Name:  screen-20220826-072422_exported_1578 1.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  109.6 KB
    '68 Cougar 302 4v Auto
    '84 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
    '03 F250 V10
    '04 Volkswagen Golf 2.0
    '07 Hyundai Entourage

Awesome, thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12