Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Installation was super easy. My issue appears to be with quality of a few of the individual components. Thankfully most everything is easy to replace. And I prefer written reference material included, rather than having to peruse their website. Guess I'm old now.

I would recommend just not even using the coolant temp sensor that comes with it though. From what I have been able to research the vast majority are inaccurate. Just get the replacement one mentioned above and start with it.

I know it must be close because I am running a 195° thermostat. The Fitech screen shows me right around that number pretty much constantly. Of course there is some fluctuation depending on where it's mounted.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    83 5.0 GT. Quicker than it looks! 10:1 (or just over) 306, Motorsport a332 cam, 140A alt, t5 conv, 8.8 w/ 3.27's, Edel rpm, alum rad, very worked e7's, Holley SA carb, etc... SOLD IT!!!!

Now an 1981 Granada! .040 over 302, Edel E-street heads... Currently building a 347 because, why not?

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

I've owned one of the very first 400hp GoStreet kits. I installed it on my F100. Heck, 6-7 years old now? No issues other than the oxygen sensor stopped working after towing my Mach 1 from FL to PA. I think I cooked it going up the mountains of VA doing 70mph towing. Passing everything but a gas station.
    Black 1985 GT: 408w, in the 6's in the 1/8 mile
    Bimini Blue 1988 LX 5.0 Coupe 5-speed, Hellion turbo, zero options
    Grabber Yellow 1973 Mustang Mach 1: 351c, toploader
    Black 2012 5.0 GT, 6-speed, Brembo brakes, 3.73's
    Wimbledon White 1966 F-100 Shortbed Styleside, 390, Tremec 3550, FiTech EFI

I have grown onto the holley system, I originally had megasquirt but too many issues with the 4.6 2v, I have now switched over to the holley terminator x and as the original poster stated it have hanging start issues but once it's passed that it runs great and has great throttle response, the tech line has you on hold for atleast 20 minutes but out of the 5 times I've called I've only spoke with one idiot that had no idea what I was talking about. Other than the fact that I'm cheap I'd do it all over again with the holley system. I even upgraded injectors to their 48 lb injectors for my future mods.
    1979 Ford Mustang Pace Car
    4.6 2V conversion underway!!

So, FiTech replaced the handheld under warranty a few months back. Now it won't connect to the ECU.
    Handheld powers up, but no info from the system.
    Sigh.
    Sent them another email...
    Seems like a handheld should last more than 3 months.

Update:
    They said to check the plug connections. I did that when I checked the fuses. It gets power, just not information.

Last edited by richpet; 04-07-2022 at 01:47 PM.
    83 5.0 GT. Quicker than it looks! 10:1 (or just over) 306, Motorsport a332 cam, 140A alt, t5 conv, 8.8 w/ 3.27's, Edel rpm, alum rad, very worked e7's, Holley SA carb, etc... SOLD IT!!!!

Now an 1981 Granada! .040 over 302, Edel E-street heads... Currently building a 347 because, why not?

Unbelievable
    Theodore J. Garbera, 1985 Mercury Capri RS

I let them know what was happening, asked if maybe they sent me a returned hand held or something since it quit after just a few months.
    Got one email so far. In a week. Saying check the connections. Um, I did. Twice. Even used a multi meter to check the fuses. That was my previous post. Did it again just to be sure. Still haven't heard back.

New User

Well, I'll pile on. That install I did at work is now giving us trouble. The screen just "restarts" and wont stay connected. I had another unit so I tried the hand held from that one . Nope, same issue. Replaced power cord from the other kit, same issue. the ECU isnt sending a consistent 12 volts. Luckily the tune has been ok. (got other motor issues I gotta deal with now, HATE getting used motors from customers for their builds)..
    So, like I said.. I HATE FITECH.. carry on..

Update:
    They emailed a reply asking me to check voltage/continuity/etc. I did. Then I remembered I still had the original cable (the one that connects to the handheld from the ECU). So swapped in the old cable. Works perfectly.
    So first I have their HP hose off the pump burst. At 1000 ish Miles.
    Then the handheld dies.
    Then the replacement cable sent with the replacement handheld turns out to be bad.
    All in under 5k miles. And barely a year.

At least I can communicate with the ECU now. With the old cable.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12