Close

Threaded View

Default Don't buy FiTech

I looked at the reviews. Both + and -. Here is my experiences to date:

Purchased kit with a rebate so it sat on my bedroom floor for several months to take advantage of the rebate timing. So technically out of the one year warranty time frame.

Installed kit. It was easy I admit. Car ran well. But...

Instructions were vague at best. Had to contact them to know how to adjust stuff (IAC steps, etc because it's NOT in the included information), etc.

Approx one month/1000 miles in the high pressure hose feeding the system from the Forcefuel tank ruptured. Literally blew out the side. I replaced the hose chunk with one I had in hand so no warranty claim. But, failure #1. On a brand new kit.

Then one morning I went outside and the touchscreen face had fallen off the handheld. It was hot, but not THAT hot. Two rubber bands at least held it in place so I could 'touch' accurately.

Then, the handheld unit quit. It won't light up/power up. I am at 9 months of use since first engine start up, less than 3000 miles driven. This handheld is the only way to make computer adjustments or see what's going on.

I contact FiTech. 2-5 days between any replies. I call and have to hang up after being on hold for a while.

Car runs good, but reliability appears to be a genuine issue. Very upset about it

Waiting to hear if they will stand behind their product AT ALL or if I have to but a new handheld.

At this point I would go for almost Any other brand.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    Last edited by richpet; 12-07-2021 at 10:31 PM.
    83 5.0 GT. Quicker than it looks! 10:1 (or just over) 306, Motorsport a332 cam, 140A alt, t5 conv, 8.8 w/ 3.27's, Edel rpm, alum rad, very worked e7's, Holley SA carb, etc... SOLD IT!!!!

Now an 1981 Granada! .040 over 302, Edel E-street heads... Currently building a 347 because, why not?

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"