Close

Default Replacing Factory A/C System

Looking to install a new A/C system on my factory A/C 1984 Mustang GT. When I bought the car everything was removed except for the compressor. I've already purchased a new evaporator.

I was looking at this kit: https://www.originalair.com/87-93-mu...grade-kit-134a

Late Model Restoration has a similar kit as well. Does anyone have experience with either of them?

Biggest question is what else is required that doesn't come in these kits? Assume everything is gone because I'm pretty sure it is.

Thanks
    Last edited by K_Mac; 12-07-2021 at 09:01 PM.

I did one about a year ago, and minus some small stuff like fasteners and clips it was all there.
    Last one I did we bought everything used and from rock auto. Ended up saving 360 bucks
    86 Capri-84 LTD a wagon-85 notch-86 notch

Is there any reason the linked kit wouldn't work on an '84 model?

Quote Originally Posted by K_Mac View Post
    Is there any reason the linked kit wouldn't work on an '84 model?
    Looking closer it seems the newer models use a spring connection for one of the evaporator lines so the linked kit wouldn't work without swapping lines or the evaporator. I'd rather keep the threaded connections too.

I may go with the LMR kit, it gets good feedback online and cheaper too

FEP Member

I know the hoses are different for my 83GT because of the factory air cleaner