Close

Threaded View

Default Capri Completion

From this:

To this:
    Name:  Screenshot_20211123-234744_Gallery-L.jpg
Views: 397
Size:  102.6 KB

The build began 15 years ago and it's been a bumpy ride to get where I am now, but its been worth it. I started a build thread on this site about it back then, feel free to check it out, it may help bring you up to speed to where this thread is going to begin. LINK:
    Work In Progress On '86 Capri Hatch (foureyedpride.com)

It was originally EFI and I got it running and then life reared its ugly head on me. Work on this car came to a halt 12 years ago because I got some things thrown at me that were pretty tough to deal with. I lost my job of 12 years, I lost my best friend of 25 years, he was only 42, and I lost my mother. However, I did manage to restore two other vehicles while this poor car sat under a plastic sheet.

I finally said it's time to finish this and make it exactly the Capri I always wanted. Simplicity and reliability is what I wanted, so in my book carb was the way to go. I know some will not like that decision, but I'm thinking there will be several who will be ok with it. I wanted an uncluttered engine bay, simple wiring harnesses and room to work on things when needed.

I'll be posting a steady stream of pics for your viewing pleasure and don't hesitate if you have any questions or comments... all are welcome.

Last edited by capri debris; 11-24-2021 at 12:06 AM.
    '86 Capri 5.0, black with charcoal interior, 5 spd, fully restored, mildly modded.

'86 Capri 5.0, white with black interior, C4, rotisserie restored, heavily modded.