Close

Default Ultimate Recaro Tech question

I have a medium red interior in a medium red 82 gt mustang. I have purchased a set of recaro's because I always wanted them. The parts books and 82 brochure show the recaro seats in vaquero (pumpkin type color) for the center section. On black interior cars the cloth would be black and white. I clearly remember red interior 82's with recaro's had a red/black center section. No parts books anywhere show that combination. I don't want vaquero (burnt orange) in my deep red interior mustang. Does anyone out there have an 82 with original medium red recaro seats? Can you post a picture? Thanks, Jim

That material is out of production. If you go to local trim shop, you'll see it in their catologues, however they can't get it anymore.

So unless you can find someone who has a roll of that stuff lying around, your S.O.L. I had to ditch the Recaros in my Pace Car cause for the cost of re-upolstering them, it was cheaper to buy new aftermarket seats.

I know you want to stay periodic with the checkered patern, but you might want to consider leather. It looks great and wears well if you take care of it. Again, I looked into it and I was looking at a grand, so I bought new seats instead.