Close

Default SOLD 83 Capri

I hate doing this. My son's project car became a long standing lawn ornament and has became a rusty shell of itself. Anyways, it has became a parts car. The car is a bit of an oddity. It has the KA interior code, but is not a true Crimson Cat. It doesn't say CAT on the buck tag.

The car is trashed and non running. The engine in it is an 80k, 83 302 out of a different Capri. Ran at the time, but has not been touched since being installed in the car. AOD trans. Also, ran when it was installed. This has not been fired up and will probably need a lot of work to get running.

The frame rails and torque boxes are non-existent.

It does have netted halos that have not fallen apart and a rust free hatch to go with it (85 or 86 though, it has the third brake light).

750 is just so that there is a price. It may be way out of line. I don't know.

Please text me at 260-273-3885. I'm not online much anymore and I may not receive updates or notice comments on here.
    Car is currently in Markle, IN. I am more that happy to facilitate shipping or would even deliver within a couple of hundred miles for gas money.

Name:  redcapri2.jpg
Views: 345
Size:  42.2 KB
    Name:  redcapri.jpg
Views: 345
Size:  63.0 KB
    Name:  redcaprihalo.jpg
Views: 284
Size:  31.6 KB
    Name:  redcapridoor3.jpg
Views: 317
Size:  29.5 KB
    Name:  redcaprihatch.jpg
Views: 318
Size:  47.3 KB
    Last edited by RyKR; 07-30-2022 at 10:49 AM. Reason: sold

Name:  redcapriseat.jpg
Views: 277
Size:  43.6 KB
    Name:  redcapriheadliner.jpg
Views: 307
Size:  15.1 KB
    Name:  redcapriquarter.jpg
Views: 291
Size:  39.3 KB
    Name:  redcaprirtfender.jpg
Views: 291
Size:  53.9 KB
    Name:  redcapristeer.jpg
Views: 331
Size:  39.3 KB

Early Crimson Cats did not say "CAT" on the buck tag. Only the CC had KA interior trim code. Would you post pics of the door tag and buck tag?
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

I vaguely remember a thread about the buck tags about 12 years ago. At the time, I don't think that dates were to be determined to be a factor, just that there were a few KA interiors without the CAT on the buck tag. Time hasn't been kind to this poor car. Here are the pictures. The door tag is hard to read.

Name:  20220730_115847 (2).jpg
Views: 305
Size:  1.65 MBName:  buck tag.jpg
Views: 324
Size:  34.6 KB
    Last edited by RyKR; 07-30-2022 at 11:07 AM.

Including this one, I have three in the registry without CAT on the buck tag. Might he a fourth but I don't have the buck tag for it.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Would a Marti be the only way to be sure?
    84 Capri RS Turbo
    Vinemont, AL (formerly El Mirage, AZ)
    USAF 1986-2007 (Ret)

If a 1983 Capri has paint code 27 and interior trim code KA, it is a Crimson Cat. There were 1,363 model year 1983 Capris with those paint and trim codes and there were 1,363 model year 1983 Crimson Cats. That is straight off a Marti report.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

The Crimson Cat count had been 805 for decades. When di it change to 1,353?
    86 ASC Capri 'vert #0001
    86 ASC Capri 'vert 3.8 v6
    85 GPIV - The Official Pace car
    85 ASC Capri 'vert - black
    85 ASC Coupe - modified
    85 ASC coupe - roller
    83 Crimson Cat - V6
    66 Cobra replica

Do you have a picture of the other hatch going with it?