Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

That is pretty much what i did, except i have a filter mounted to the spare tire well. Went up and over the rearend in the middle, then split the lines on either side of the trans tunnel
    79 Zephyr, 4.6L 4v/4r70w swap, with team z front and rear suspension, 8.8 and upgraded brakes and coil overs. Running Holley Terminator X Max.

Quote Originally Posted by massacre View Post
    That is pretty much what i did, except i have a filter mounted to the spare tire well. Went up and over the rearend in the middle, then split the lines on either side of the trans tunnel
    The more I look at it, that seems to be a good way to go. My filter is mounted on the driver's side apron, by the strut tower.

I drilled 1/4" holes in the trunk and floor, and welded bolts in. Then used those "studs" to attach mounting clips to hold the lines securely. Reasoning is that i can't be both inside the car, and underneath the car at the same time to unbolt the clips lol
    79 Zephyr, 4.6L 4v/4r70w swap, with team z front and rear suspension, 8.8 and upgraded brakes and coil overs. Running Holley Terminator X Max.

following,,,first, i did a 460/80 street car 25 yrs ago with little trbl, drove it 10 yrs.
    im guessing i just ran a hose from the metal by the steering,over to the pump. dont remember.
    now , same project. i saw the line by steering hard to get at so i cut metal line and hosed it up under the liner to the pump.
    im a long way from running but,,,dumb question...

what is the 2 nd line ??? dont remember what i did ,,,when i was much younger !!

FEP Super Member

Something to keep in mind if you ever plan to take it to an NHRA Track, there can be none in the drivers compartment, and a total of 12 inches maximum allowed of rubber line....
    There are also bulkhead rules (thickness) if they have been modified at all.

Quote Originally Posted by ragtopjr View Post
    Something to keep in mind if you ever plan to take it to an NHRA Track, there can be none in the drivers compartment, and a total of 12 inches maximum allowed of rubber line....
    There are also bulkhead rules (thickness) if they have been modified at all.
    That won't be an issue for me. None of the lines will be in the cockpit, all will be exterior to the car. Also, no chance of my car ever being at a NHRA event or track. At most, it will make it out to a local autocross once a year. Even if that is the case, the car passed tech with a fuel system that had rubber lines that were 24-36 inch long. Autocrosses in my area are pretty much non-existent anymore and I haven't done any HPDE events in over a decade. Not sure if I will ever get back to one of those as well. Again, the car passed tech is a far more questionable fuel system than what I am going with.

Spent the weekend routing the Vibrant PTFE nylon braided fuel hose. Not the easiest project to do when the car assembled and on jack stands, but I did get the line routed and clamps in place. Now time to cut the line and add the fittings followed by reinstalling the completed fuel line. I followed Jack's pictures of the 85 GT for the routing. Driver's side front apron, down the wheel well, along the driver's side frame rail, turn under the seat towards the driveshaft tunnel, along the top of the driveshaft tunnel (which is not easy to access with the torque arm, driveshaft, and exhaust installed), up over the rear axle along the floor of the hatch, and then to the fuel tank. Using rubber lined stainless steel clamps and self-tapping screws to hold the clamps in place.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12