Close

Default 1984 Convertible motor mounts.

Hello all,
    Why can't I get motor mounts for my 1984 5.0 convertible to work? The nubs are in the wrong place and yes I have them on the correct side. Does anyone one know of a brand the fits? The old beat up stock ones work fine.

Thank you
    Tom
    Last edited by 63roundbody; 10-31-2021 at 05:14 PM.

Did you order ones from rock auto? I had the exact same issue. Orders convertible motor mounts for 84 and drivers side would barely fit and passenger side was completely off. Ended up scraping em and spending more and getting the energy suspension set that came with mounts and trans mount. Here is the thread I started awhile back about it.
    http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...not-lining-up)
    Mustangs
    84.5 Gt T-top
    85 Gt

Quote Originally Posted by Sask84gt View Post
    Did you order ones from rock auto? I had the exact same issue. Orders convertible motor mounts for 84 and drivers side would barely fit and passenger side was completely off. Ended up scraping em and spending more and getting the energy suspension set that came with mounts and trans mount. Here is the thread I started awhile back about it.
    Thank you, I read that thread and may have to go that route.

How do you install the mounts? Bolt them to the K member first? Or engine first?

Quote Originally Posted by 63roundbody View Post
    How do you install the mounts? Bolt them to the K member first? Or engine first?
    Well my engine was out so I bolted to the engine first. I'd think that be the easier way to do it but I'm not a expert.
    Mustangs
    84.5 Gt T-top
    85 Gt

Bolt to the engine first.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    83 5.0 GT. Quicker than it looks! 10:1 (or just over) 306, Motorsport a332 cam, 140A alt, t5 conv, 8.8 w/ 3.27's, Edel rpm, alum rad, very worked e7's, Holley SA carb, etc... SOLD IT!!!!

Now an 1981 Granada! .040 over 302, Edel E-street heads... Currently building a 347 because, why not?

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

Sorry to take so long reply but, yes I did get the mounts from Rock Auto and they will not work. I called Energy Suspension to verify these are convertible mounts. Do you know if they are convertible mounts?

Quote Originally Posted by 63roundbody View Post
    Sorry to take so long reply but, yes I did get the mounts from Rock Auto and they will not work. I called Energy Suspension to verify these are convertible mounts. Do you know if they are convertible mounts?
    These are the mounts I ordered for my 84. However, it's not a convertable car. I dont think that matters though. From my research there are solid mounts and Polyurethane mounts. If you go to the check fit link in description it will tell you all models they work for. There is no mention of different mounts for convertibles so I assume these will work. You can also ask a question on summit and someone will let you know for sure. Hope this helps.
    https://www.summitracing.com/parts/ens-4-1124g
    Mustangs
    84.5 Gt T-top
    85 Gt

These are the mounts I ordered for my 84. However, it's not a convertable car. I dont think that matters though. From my research there are solid mounts and Polyurethane mounts. If you go to the check fit link in description it will tell you all models they work for. There is no mention of different mounts for convertibles so I assume these will work. You can also ask a question on summit and someone will let you know for sure. Hope this helps.
    https://www.summitracing.com/parts/ens-4-1124g
    Thanks for the heads up.