Hello everyone,

I'm relatively new on these forums and really look forward to all the wisdom and information that I can get on here. I recently had picked up a really clean '86 GT with about 27,xxx kms at the time. I've put on about 2,000 kms since then and am sort of getting an idea of the upgrades I would like to possibly do to the car.

I have heard many guys on forums and YouTube talk about 5 lug swaps onto discs, and perhaps I have an odd request, but I was wondering if it was in any possible to do a full disc conversion but keeping 4 lug so that I can keep the wheels and tires that I have right now. I know the '93 SVT Cobra had all around discs but I don't really know how to go about putting something like that on my car. Would I be able to buy a kit from a brake manufacturer? Do I have to buy a salvaged brake set or get one from a junkyard? And also would I be able to do this in my own garage or would it have to go into a garage and have it professionally done?

I feel like my car could definitely benefit from having a bit more braking power and but really have no idea where to start or how much this entire project could even cost lol.

I am more than willing to learn myself through these forums and YouTube tutorials but I don't even know where to start as far as getting the rear rotors, calipers, and anything else needed for the swap.

Lastly, Would I need any supporting mods as I've heard steel brake lines and a different brake booster (94-98 GT, Cobra Replica) are some solid upgrades for the price.

Thanks in advance for any help you guys can give