Close

Default Trying to install 2001 Mustang Rack on 1986 Mustang GT -Hose fittings different

I have 86 gt that I am installing 2001 gt Rack "SJ" code and the high pressure fitting on rack is different not same ?
    The 86 has male end with o ring exposed but the rack fitting is different.
    Left is 2001 right 1986-is there an adapter or do I need custom hose ?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

anybody ?

All the information I have shows the same fittings for the 79-2004 Mustang racks. Maximum Motorsports offers a pair of AN conversion fittings for the racks and again states 79-2004.

Hard to be sure from the picture, but the fittings appear to be the same to me in regards to thread size, pitch and the teflon O Rings. The only difference I see is the extended tip on the 86 hose. That could be nothing more than a manufacturer difference. Have you tried to install the 86 line on the 2001 rack. I assume that is what you are attempting since the PS pump fitting side may be different between the two racks?
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

I have '03 Cobra hydroboost setup on my '79 rack.
    On my setup, that square end goes to the P/S pump, not to the rack.
    Both rack fittings have round steel tubing.
    79 Zephyr, 4.6L 4v/4r70w swap, with team z front and rear suspension, 8.8 and upgraded brakes and coil overs. Running Holley Terminator X Max.

Thanks for input Trey, I slid the rack forward and pushed the fitting down over the o ring and the line went on. I did have to remove the low pressure line to do this so need to replace the teflon seal on it.
    Massacre ..the square end came with the rack as the supplier just cut it off to remove the rack.