Close

Default New member from oz

Howdy guys,
    My names Aidan and i have just picked myself up a 79 cobra 5.0 as a project car.
    Here in australia there are not many fox body mustangs at all and quite a rare sight, we have alot of 64 1/2 - 73 and with the newer mustangs being sold over here now we are seeing them on the road everyday now but the fox remains a rare sight. I was lucky enough to pick this one up on facebook market place around an hour and a half away from my city, south australia. I managed to buy it for a very good price and was very happy to purchase but it does need alot of work and alot of parts.
    I believe the owner before me owned it for about 5 years and did nothing with it, he bought it off someone who tore it down poorly and tried converting the original dash to right hand drive, as that is what wouldve been needed at the time to get registration.

Unfortunately it has only been semi covered and the rust has started forming which can be fixed but the parts have deteriorated. With the age of the car now i will be planning to restore the car back to original left hand drive and all but there is much i dont know about the intricates of this car so i am hoping that with the help of this forum i will be able to find the parts and information i need to be able to restore this cobra to its former glory.

I did previously own a black 83 mustang GT which i sold after 12 years but that had previously been restored before i bought it so i never really had the chance to pull it apart and work out the nitty gritty of these cars.

This will be a long term project for me and ill be happy to post up some progress pictures along the way if anoyone is interested Name:  received_403065147888885.jpeg
Views: 47
Size:  77.4 KBName:  received_420008879641695.jpeg
Views: 47
Size:  73.3 KBName:  received_2951915901741448.jpeg
Views: 48
Size:  48.7 KB

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Welcome!
    Cool car, good luck with the project!
    79 Zephyr, 4.6L 4v/4r70w swap, with team z front and rear suspension, 8.8 and upgraded brakes and coil overs. Running Holley Terminator X Max.

FEP Supporter

That’s going to look really great if you can get it restored!

Welcome to the site! I’d like to see progress pictures.
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis T View Post
    I think this is my favorite car on the site right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUECRAPI
    This is the best thread on the internet.
    Darran
    1982-1C (Black) GT T-Top:http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...he-Road-Thread
    1986-9L (Oxford White) SVO: http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...d-did-1986-SVO
    1979 (85:Tangerine) Coupe (my son's): http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...gerine-Machine
    1979 (3F:Light Medium Blue) Coupe (one day to be my other son's!) http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...um-Blue-Bomber!

Nice score! I wonder how many of these were produced in rhd. I've never actually seen one in person but it always interested me how they compared to the ones we're used to seeing.
    79 Pace Car - 331, t5
    79 Pace Car- 302, 4 spd
    79 Cobra - working on 351w, t5
    82 Capri- working on 302, t5
    82gt - working on 408w, c4

Congrats! She’s a cool ride! Good luck
    1983 Mustang GT 5.0L, TRX Pkg, T-Tops, 4 Spd, Polar White, Medium Red Interior, Built 11/22/82, 15,400 original miles, with the original 38 yr old Michelins still on it. Added LMR 17" mesh wheels w/Nitto NT555’s.

Thanks for the replies!

Car is originally left hand drive but the original dash has been chopped and mostly converted to right hand drive, I'll need to find a new original lhd dash again. The car did come with a later style foxbody dash in original lhd but I wont be using that.

I'll be making a new post of the build when I start pulling it apart.
    I did a quick search of the options as per door tag and it looks to have some good options which is nice.

Enjoy your day/night

New User

Welcome!